X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sanogueira
    • Sep 2007

Ampl + CDP recommendations for 803S

Dear All, I am upgrading my ampl and cdp. Depending on your experiences,to use with 803S speakers which ampl and cdp do you recommend. The budget will be max 12000 euros in total. ( the prices will differ from country to country I know but I just wanted to mention that I am not planning to buy entry level products).
    some possible options in my mind are as follows;

Accuphase E550 + Accuphase DP500 cdp
    Sugden masterclass class A ıntegrated ampl+Sugden masterclass CDP
    Audio Research pre power ampl. and cd player

Thanks in advance to everyone.
    Regards
  • Horacio
    • Jan 2005

I haven't heard those brands so I can't comment on them. I believe 803S match nicely with tubes, so the ARC might be a good choice, though.

Brands that many people like with those speakers are Classe, McIntosh, Levinson, Rowland. I own a McIntosh tube amp and I'm very happy with the way it works with my 804S. I also love solid stated McIntosh with 804 and 803S. To my taste I prefer them to Classe, but you will find others with exactly the opposite view. I suggest you try to audition with the 803S if at all possible.

I hope it helps.

Horacio

Comment

• Glenee
      • Aug 2006

On the CDP's may I suggest two depending on budget ?
      1. Rotel 1072 available on Audigon for around $400.00. Great player tested it against many high end players. Kicked ass on a few $2500.00 up.
      2. Now the ONE: Bryston BCD-1 Not cheap $2000.00 to $2500.00 What this thing does with Redbook CD's is damn sure audible. I don't care how Tone deaf you are. It is also the only one I have had in my rack to truly show something for the money against the ROTEL.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"