X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • btf1980
    • Aug 2007

Video of the new CM series

Looks mighty fine. :T

http://www.novomusica.com/tienda/imagen-sonido-profesional/altavoces/altavoces-bw-cm9 B&W ha incorporado cuatro nuevos modelos a su serie CM: un modelo de ti...
    A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Hi here is another video of the new CM Models.

Comment

• WI Rotel
      • Jul 2006

What about the new XT?

After showing the wireless, self powered XT some time ago, nothing else has appeared regarding that system. Anyone have any idea if that bore any fruit????

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mikael
        Hi here is another video of the new CM Models.
        http://uk.cinenow.com/videos/1788-ex...po-denver-2008

the piano black looks great!

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

I am seriously considering getting these speakers (piano black) to replace my FPM L, R, and C and move my FPM 6s to the rear.

Comment

• hifiguymi
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Vancouver
            I am seriously considering getting these speakers (piano black) to replace my FPM L, R, and C and move my FPM 6s to the rear.
            Which models are you thinking of? I know any of them would be a big upgrade from FPM6s, but the CM7 and CM9 would be huge. The CM Series is much newer than the FPM Series and the drivers are much better. Cabinets are much better as well.

Eric

Comment

• btf1980
              • Aug 2007

Go for it dude. I concur with hifiguymi. FPM's are good for "lifestyle" speakers, but the CM's will be a huge all around upgrade in every facet of performance. They also won't break the bank, relatively speaking of course. The piano black will fit right in with your modern decor as well. I personally can't wait to audition the CM9. I have CM7's and I am completely happy with them.
              A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• Nolan B
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                Which models are you thinking of? I know any of them would be a big upgrade from FPM6s, but the CM7 and CM9 would be huge. The CM Series is much newer than the FPM Series and the drivers are much better. Cabinets are much better as well.

Eric
                I am thinking of getting the CM9s because if I am going to change my speakers I want to do it right and I want to get something a little more suited for my new Classe 5100 amp. So ...CM9s for the front and the matching for the centre. I really think because of space I will have to keep FPMs for the surounds in which case I will move my FPM 6s to the back and trade in 3 FPM 4s to upgrade to the CMs.

I need to audition though because I have to be sure this speaker does well at lower to moderate listening. I dont want something I need to crank up laud in order to get the full benefit of the speaker. I live in a loft and thats not an option.

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

Hy,

I have the 803D (L/R) and Htm2D (C) with a Classe CA5200...but this new CM "upgrade" serie is very nice.. I have listen the CM1 and is a very good speaker with a perfomance/price without compromise.. :T

I don't go change my mains 803D but the CM7/CM5 for the rear will be great!

@Nolan:
                  for your set the cm9-cm2c in a super piano black color is perfect.

I will listen too the cm9.

But now the serie 7 where will go? (I prefer the new new cm9 vs. 703..and the 703 was in my set in the past)

greetings Omar

Comment

• hifiguymi
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007

I am thinking of getting the CM9s because if I am going to change my speakers I want to do it right and I want to get something a little more suited for my new Classe 5100 amp. So ...CM9s for the front and the matching for the centre. I really think because of space I will have to keep FPMs for the surounds in which case I will move my FPM 6s to the back and trade in 3 FPM 4s to upgrade to the CMs.

I need to audition though because I have to be sure this speaker does well at lower to moderate listening. I dont want something I need to crank up laud in order to get the full benefit of the speaker. I live in a loft and thats not an option.
                    So how do you like the CA-5100 compared to the RMB-1077? The CM9 / CMC2 combo will sound great the the CA-5100 (based on what I know about the CM7).

Eric

Comment

• Nolan B
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                      So how do you like the CA-5100 compared to the RMB-1077? The CM9 / CMC2 combo will sound great the the CA-5100 (based on what I know about the CM7).

Eric
                      The 5100 was a total blind buy for me. Since I have never heard the 5100 before and never heard the FPMs powered by anything better then the multiple different Rotel amps I have used over the last few years. That plus the fact the 1077 is a great amp i figured the upgrade would be barely noticeable unless I got better speakers. Boy was I wrong.

The 1077 is a great amp, but the 5100 is clearly a significant. The sound is much more detailed, and the amp seems to be much "quicker". It has created a whole new sound and a whole new desire to upgrade my speakers and processor.

You've heard the 5100 paired with the CM7s? do you think the CM series still creates a bit of a bottle neck for the 5100? especially considering the SSP 800 will be next for me.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2007

I've not heard the CM7 with a CA-5100. Most of what I've heard driving the CM7 has been Rotel and Pioneer Elite. I always get the impression that the speakers deserve / need better so I think the CA-5100 will be a great match.

I don't believe the CM7 will be a bottle neck with the CA-5100. The CM Series will do amazing things and a CA-5100 with an SSP-800 will really get them singing. I'm a believer of better source, better sound. I think you'll be blown away coming from FMPs and Rotel gear (not that those are bad mind you).

Comment

• marky mark
                          • Feb 2008

i live in surrey B.C too and the dealer just told me that the CM9 will be arriving in a week in nov. should have been out sooner but B&W ran into problem with the paint job on the piano gloss black. he said that you can order the other finish if you want them earlier.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"