X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • utkinpol
    • Aug 2008

White noise issues with b&w 805N

hi,

just want to share my (most recent) concern... got new sound processor and during setup while listening to sound levels I noticed quite a difference in tones between left and right channel. I then turned off EQ in processor, downloaded tone generator and found that tweeters (in area 10K+) do sound identical but woofers, say, at 130Hz and at 1000Hz do show a bit of difference. If I give then a sinus signal difference is subtle, but at wiz-saw signal it is very noticable. Pink noice also sound different.

Speakers are not new, of course. So, is it something normal for such things to develop or should I proceed to repair? What I generally wonder about - in case if I DO proceed with repairs - how much can it possibly cost and what is it there to be repaired? Crossovers? Or woofers itself should be replaced, both of them? It will probably be close to the price of a whole speaker, right?
  • DM3000 Owner
    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by utkinpol
    hi,

just want to share my (most recent) concern... got new sound processor and during setup while listening to sound levels I noticed quite a difference in tones between left and right channel. I then turned off EQ in processor, downloaded tone generator and found that tweeters (in area 10K+) do sound identical but woofers, say, at 130Hz and at 1000Hz do show a bit of difference. If I give then a sinus signal difference is subtle, but at wiz-saw signal it is very noticable. Pink noice also sound different.

Speakers are not new, of course. So, is it something normal for such things to develop or should I proceed to repair? What I generally wonder about - in case if I DO proceed with repairs - how much can it possibly cost and what is it there to be repaired? Crossovers? Or woofers itself should be replaced, both of them? It will probably be close to the price of a whole speaker, right?
    Room placement issue. See what happend when you start measuring. :E

Comment

• utkinpol
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by DM3000 Owner
      Room placement issue. See what happend when you start measuring. :E
      I probably just should stop measurbating and start listening music again...

But I think issue does exist to some degree - I tried placing speakers right on the table ahead of me and moved balance slider in computer volume control.

Comment

• ColoKurt
        • Mar 2005

How about swapping the speakers to see if the difference goes with the speaker or the location?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"