X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • watchthewaves
    • Jul 2004

Pricing info on 802D needed

Can any kind soul please let me know what is considered a good price in the US for a pair of 802D new?

Also, how much would you mark down a demo set which has a visible but superficial dent on one of the speaker cabinet?

Thanks.
  • Russ L
    • Jul 2006

802Ds are $14,000 /pair.
    Demos... about 20-25%.
    Russ

Comment

• speakerboy
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by watchthewaves
      Can any kind soul please let me know what is considered a good price in the US for a pair of 802D new?

Also, how much would you mark down a demo set which has a visible but superficial dent on one of the speaker cabinet?

Thanks.
      I hear 10% off NEW is the best you can get. I've heard 5% and 0% off but that may depend on where you are located and the dealers there.

Demo prices vary depending on how urgent the dealer wants to unload it. I recently got my demo 803D speakers for 45% off the current $9000 price tag...or 38% off at the old $8000 price tag (box has the $8000 price tag). One small hardly noticeable nick was the only damage and missing foam port blockers...I can deal with missing foam to save $4000. Dealer helped order missing spikes/manual/terminals. This was contingent on buying a HTM2D, which I did and at 10% off.

Depending on how big the dent is on the 802D, ASK THEM how much first and then give them a lowball offer and see what the say. Comes with all original packaging and parts? Also, the US economy isn't that great right now...they could discount considerably to make a sale. If you want a matching HTM1D, they could discount further on the 802D.
      Last edited by speakerboy; 29 July 2008, 13:11 Tuesday.

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by speakerboy
        I hear 10% off NEW is the best you can get. I've heard 5% and 0% off but that may depend on where you are located and the dealers there.
        Well depending if you are buying brand new 802D with electronics you can negotiate up to 20% off. Dealers get 50 point so they still make 30 points on your back. :B
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• beden1
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wettou
          Well depending if you are buying brand new 802D with electronics you can negotiate up to 20% off. Dealers get 50 point so they still make 30 points on your back. :B
          Not likely with B&W dealers. B&W came down hard on the dealers they found were heavily discounting their products a couple of years ago. Two dealers in my area lost their B&W lines due to discounting. I'm not saying it is impossible to get more than 10% off list, but, the dealer is running a risk by doing so.

Both of these dealers also lost the Classe lines at the same time. One of the dealers had three stores, so, their mistake was a costly one.

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by beden1
            Not likely with B&W dealers. B&W came down hard on the dealers they found were heavily discounting their products a couple of years ago. Two dealers in my area lost their B&W lines due to discounting. I'm not saying it is impossible to get more than 10% off list, but, the dealer is running a risk by doing so. Both of these dealers also lost the Classe lines at the same time. One of the dealers had three stores, so, their mistake was a costly one.
            Yes with B&W dealers, I know but with these economic times you have to survive and if someone is going to drop $25 or $30K buying speakers and electronics then I will tell you you can negotiate.

That's all I am saying:T
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• dknightd
              • Mar 2006

Not likely with B&W dealers. B&W came down hard on the dealers they found were heavily discounting their products a couple of years ago. Two dealers in my area lost their B&W lines due to discounting. I'm not saying it is impossible to get more than 10% off list, but, the dealer is running a risk by doing so.

Both of these dealers also lost the Classe lines at the same time. One of the dealers had three stores, so, their mistake was a costly one.
              To me this just seems wrong. I'll assume they had more than one warning.
              I can understand b&w desire to keep dealer quality high. But I'm not sure if I agree with discount pricing prohibition. Maybe a b&w speaker with a
              McI amp might avoid their software . . .
              Is B&W becoming a money grubbing outfit? (yes I know they have always looked after the bottom line - you have to)

Comment

• beden1
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by dknightd
                To me this just seems wrong. I'll assume they had more than one warning.
                I can understand b&w desire to keep dealer quality high. But I'm not sure if I agree with discount pricing prohibition. Maybe a b&w speaker with a
                McI amp might avoid their software . . .
                Is B&W becoming a money grubbing outfit? (yes I know they have always looked after the bottom line - you have to)
                There are also laws against price fixing, but I'm not certain of all of the facts in what transpired. All I was told was that they lost their deal with B&W/Classe due to the fact that they were discounting their products.

Comment

• mjb
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

I think its called protecting your brand.
                  - Mike

Main System:
                  B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                  Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• WI Rotel
                    • Jul 2006

If you need to ask........... :E

List is 7000 USD per speaker. Fantastic sound, probably non better but for that money you can buy a new car :roll:

Comment

• beden1
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by WI Rotel
                      If you need to ask........... :E

List is 7000 USD per speaker. Fantastic sound, probably non better but for that money you can buy a new car :roll:
                      Maybe one of those Smart Cars! :B

Comment

• Matt M.
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by watchthewaves

Thanks.
                        It's hard to get a good discount on this series indeed...

Why not secondhand ? It's the best way to get a bargain on this product...

Comment

• WI Rotel
                          • Jul 2006

Maybe one of those Smart Cars! :B
                          Hey thats an idea! Buy a smart, stick 2 802's in the rear, a couple
                          of monster amps and be homeless living in the car :T Sometimes I digress......

Comment

• watchthewaves
                            • Jul 2004

Thanks for all the helpful info.

I was trying to figure out from you guys about the situation in the US as a kind of benchmark to see what I can get from my dealer (I'm outside the US). I'd love to consider buying used too, but haven't seen any around my neck of the woods yet.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"