X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMG
    • Oct 2004

"Screws" on back of HTM7 . . .

Hey everyone,

I know I'm probably not using the right term, but my HTM7 is missing two of the "screws" that screw onto the binding posts and hold the jumper bars in place. I noticed this about a month and a half ago, when I lost the signal from the tweeter. Further inspection revealed that the jumper was not getting a clean connection because it was not held down in place by the "screw", which would allow the jumpers to function properly.

I contacted my dealer and they advised that they have spoken with B&W but that they have to pull a couple of them off of the production line to ship up. Does this sound a little out there? I would've figured that these would be a fairly common part that could just be shipped out or made available without much of an issue.

Anyway, I've taken the jumpers out and just have the speaker wire connected to both terminals so everything is working fine, but I'd like to get these "screws" so I can get the speaker back to normal.

Do any of you know if these parts are more readily available than what my dealer is suggesting? Normally I wouldn't question my dealer because they were OUTSTANDING in the service department, but there's been a recent change in ownership at the store and the service has been lacking compared to what it was.

Thanks in advance and if my descriptions don't make sense, please forgive me. I'll try to clarify more . . . LOL.
  • Iggurk
    • Jun 2006

Hi,
    Are you're looking for that part ?

I'll be surprised if B&W isn't able to provide you such parts, perhaps you can contact their support directlly and bypass your lazy local dealer.

Otherwise send me a mail with your address, as I've a few unused one at home I can ship two of them to you.

You can also replace them with better one and improve your speaker at the same time

Comment

• NMG
      • Oct 2004

Hey Iggurk,

That's exactly what I'm looking for! The pieces I'm missing (two of them) are actually the part immediately to the right of the red band in your pic.

I'll try giving B&W support a call directly to see if they can help. I sort of thought that waiting months for such a part was a little odd. Thanks for including the pic, it helps clarify what I was trying to describe.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"