X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sevo
    • Jul 2008

Damaged Nautilus 802 Tweeter

Any body know how to fix/replace the Nautilus 802 tweeter dome yourself? Mine has a dent in it and wondering how to replace it at home myself?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Replacing the tweeter is quite easy. You don't even need a screw driver to do it. The end of the wave guide that sticks out of the tweeter housing unscrews and the tweeter comes loose. All you have to do is pull it out a little ways, disconnect the wires and that's it. You just need to order a new tweeter from B&W.

Eric

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Metal domes can't be repaired. They can only be replaced.

Sometimes the company will have a replacement dome assembly, other times the entire tweeter must be replaced.

Contact your dealer..

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by hifiguymi
        Replacing the tweeter is quite easy. You don't even need a screw driver to do it. The end of the wave guide that sticks out of the tweeter housing unscrews and the tweeter comes loose. All you have to do is pull it out a little ways, disconnect the wires and that's it. You just need to order a new tweeter from B&W.

Eric
        Here is my response in teh Dented N805 Thread:

I had a dented tweeter on a Sig 800. The back of the magnet is actually open. Put a Q-tip through the back and push it out. It will not be perfect, but will be almost un-noticable behind the screen. I ordered a new one and keep this as a backup.

If you have the N805 I think the drop in assembly is $135 new from B&W and the Signature is $155. It includes the whole magnet and tweeter and is very easy to install with no tools required. The new one will also come with a box that has foam cutouts so that storing your spare is no problem.

Comment

• sevo
          • Jul 2008

many thanks to eric, DM3000 owner, and Thomas W for your advice. I did it and it was quite easy. I used a Q-tip, just like DM3000 owner, and pushed out. I will order a new one tomorrow and keep it as a back up. Thank you.

Comment

• misterdoggy
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

For anyone interested in a practically new pair of 802D's for sale from someone in the UK in europe at a very cheap cheap price go to http://www.audio-markt.de/_markt/ . I don't if the seller is for real, but the price is too good to pass up if you are in europe. You can call them to check it out.

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by misterdoggy
              For anyone interested in a practically new pair of 802D's for sale from someone in the UK in europe at a very cheap cheap price go to http://www.audio-markt.de/_markt/ . I don't if the seller is for real, but the price is too good to pass up if you are in europe. You can call them to check it out.
              This is for used speakers? $9280 I got mine new from my dealer in the US for $5,400 a pair (MSRP $7000) which is why I bought three 802D for my front channels.
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• beden1
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wettou
                This is for used speakers? $9280 I got mine new from my dealer in the US for $5,400 a pair (MSRP $7000) which is why I bought three 802D for my front channels.
                You may have purchased yours before the price increases, and I think the B&W speakers sell for a lot more in Europe than they do in the US.

But, my 803D's retailed for $8,000 a pair before the price increase, so when did the 802D's retail for $7,000 a pair?

Comment

• misterdoggy
                  Super Senior Member
                  • May 2005

A pair of 802D's sells for 12,000-14,000 Euros and you see used for 9-11,000 euros.

So a pairfor 5400 Euros is a steal. This is 802D's in practically new condition in Europe.

If you bought yours in the USA and live in Europe you still had to have shipping charges and VAT taxes to pay on top.

This is cheap, so cheap its suspicious.

Remember shipping alone to Europe cost $1500, not to mention taxes

Comment

• hifiguymi
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007

The 802D is $7000.00US each, not a pair. They used to be $6000.00US each before November 1st 2007.

Eric

Comment

• misterdoggy
                      Super Senior Member
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by wettou

Wettou

I don't know where you live, but it is not possible you paid $5400 for a pair of 802D's new. Dealer cost is 30% of retail. So best case scenario is when they were (a while back) $6000 each still makes the cost of the dealer to buy a pair is $8000. So he would have to sell at a loss to his cost, which I have never met a dealer to take such a loss unless you were holding a gun to his head.

Or: you did and you should give us all his phone number so we can all buy at those prices. I am looking for a pair of 800D's. At the prices you pay I should have a pair for something like $8000 new for 800D's. I will be very happy to work with your guy

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"