Anyone To The Rescue( KLS3 Tweeter replacement)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterpan
    • May 2004

Anyone To The Rescue( KLS3 Tweeter replacement)

I built a 3 way speaker a few years ago(KLS3) All Audax Drive Units, the Tweeter is gone (damaged). I need help to replace the tweeter. CAB: W=26cm H=100cm D=35cm. all 25mm MDF. Tweeter is offset=18.4cm from left edge, mid=16.5cm from left edge. Bass is centered.
    Tweeter is fed with 2nd order high pass=2uF cap in series, 0.9mH IND in parrallel with with 3.3ohm in series to attenuate
    MID is fed from 2nd order LOW PASS filter to roll off upper mid to match TWEETER=0.5mH inductor in series +8.uF CAP in parrallel+ 15 ohm res paralle
    the mid has MECHANICALLY rolled bass so no CAP was used in series. MID CAB is 3.5 liters sealed.
    BASS fed 2nd order=12mH ind in series+ 120uF in parallel. Bass was used as a fill in at about 100hz. Anyone willing to help, I will be verry gratefull, I do not want to loose this speaker. but have no knowledge of xover design.
    Last edited by peterpan; 10 November 2005, 09:40 Thursday. Reason: information
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

I'm not sure what you're asking. What is the model number of the blown tweeter? Is it no longer available?

Comment

• peterpan
      • May 2004

The old tweeter was AUDAX TW025M1, it is not available anymore.

Comment

• Dennis H
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2002

Madisound sells replacement voice coil assemblies for that tweeter. Give them a call.

Edit:

Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

RW025A0
        Replacement voice coil for TW025A0, TW025A1, TW025M0, TW025M1, TW025L0, TW025L1
        $7.50

Comment

• peterpan
          • May 2004

I have exhursted all such search, what I am asking is for help to completely replace the tweeter with one that is available and in production. The damage is beyound the voice coil.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"