X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atchudy
    • Nov 2007

Dented Tweeter for 805

What part can i use to fix it? I think there is one on ebay now.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Check with B&W on what the correct part number is and make sure the one on Ebay is it. You can call them at 800.370.3740. Make sure to specify if it's a Matrix 805, Nautilus 805, or 805S.

Eric

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

try using 'suction' to get dent out. One of those hand-held vacuum suction devices for storing food in vacuum bags has worked for me in the past. Well worth a try before spendin $$$ on new tweet.

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by miner
        try using 'suction' to get dent out. One of those hand-held vacuum suction devices for storing food in vacuum bags has worked for me in the past. Well worth a try before spendin $$$ on new tweet.
        I had a dented tweeter on a Sig 800. The back of the magnet is actually open. Put a Q-tip through the back and push it out. It will not be perfect, but will be almost un-noticable behind the screen. I ordered a new one and keep this as a backup.

If you have the N805 I think the drop in assembly is $135 new from B&W and the Signature is $155. It includes the whole magnet and tweeter and is very easy to install with no tools required. The Ebay tweeter is probably not worth it. The new one will also come with a box that has foam cutouts so that storing your spare is no problem.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"