X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

EBay B&W Listing Don't want anyone to get scammed

The below link shows a copied picture from one of my eBay ads that I did years ago. I had no idea people save these pictures and claim them as there own. The first picture in the ad showing the TV and rug in the back ground is of my living room in my house. If the seller is willing to pass off this picture as his own to unsuspecting buyers it makes you wonder what else he is doing? I just didn't want someone to get ripped off and then have it coming back on me because of that picture. Buyer beware!

dan87951
    audio guru
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

Seller removed picture but I'm sure the other pictures on there are borrowed.
    dan87951
    audio guru

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

That's crazy... I really hate that... I mean.... how hard is it these days to take pictures and post them up...

But I guess it's all about the rip off.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• Blindamood
        • Sep 2003

This has happened to me before, too. Someone recognized a pic of mine and messaged me to let me know. I would definitely contact the seller directly and let him know you're watching. I did, and they were removed almost immediately.
        Brad

Comment

• dan87951
          • Nov 2005

Well this guy is at it again using my picture. This really tells a lot about this sellers character. You list $3800 worth of speakers and can't even take actual pictures. God help the buyers. Buyer beware of sfang1209 on ebay.
          dan87951
          audio guru

Comment

• TomScrut
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Nov 2013

They only need one person to not realise its a scam, but its very annoying, especially when they put stuff up over and over again with the same pictures and text. And the text is normally a load of rubbish. There is a pair of 802s (I think they were) saying they were french speakers and had a load of stuff about another speaker not the 802. I am guessing the description was probably for a focal or something.
            Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• dan87951
              • Nov 2005

It sure is frustrating now doubt. I did a search for that guy's username in google and it looks like he has scammed a few people in the past. No surprise there!
              dan87951
              audio guru

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"