• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

B&W80x vs Usher 8871?

Hallo,

I have all B&W in my HT system (803D L/R, Htm2D center, 805S SR L/R, 750sub)

Someone has never made a test towards Usher CP8571/8871?

Your opinions of the loudspeakers Usher?
    waht for ampli with this speakers?

To make a 2ch. system the Usher can be a good choice?

thank's
    Omar
  • DM3000 Owner
    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by style
    Hallo,

I have all B&W in my HT system (803D L/R, Htm2D center, 805S SR L/R, 750sub)

Someone has never made a test towards Usher CP8571/8871?

Your opinions of the loudspeakers Usher?
    waht for ampli with this speakers?

To make a 2ch. system the Usher can be a good choice?

thank's
    Omar
    I heard Usher speakers at the 2008 CES show. I forget what model. They ranged from abotu $12,000 to $16,000. They were very nice speakers. My only issue was that they seemed bright.

I much preferred my N801's that I had at the time. It may have been the equipment that they were using. I don't remember what they were using but a lot of speakers seemed too bright at CES.

One speaker that really stood out was the Revel Saloon 2 being used by aan amplifier parts manufacturer. They were being driven by some inexpensive chip amps and not really set up that well. I think the source was a vintage (1980's) Luxman CD player. They were just so smooth and sweet. I was really impressed.

You already have 803D's, why do you want something different for 2 channel?

Comment

• artv4
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by DM3000 Owner
      I heard Usher speakers at the 2008 CES show. I forget what model. They ranged from abotu $12,000 to $16,000. They were very nice speakers. My only issue was that they seemed bright.

I much preferred my N801's that I had at the time. It may have been the equipment that they were using. I don't remember what they were using but a lot of speakers seemed too bright at CES.

One speaker that really stood out was the Revel Saloon 2 being used by aan amplifier parts manufacturer. They were being driven by some inexpensive chip amps and not really set up that well. I think the source was a vintage (1980's) Luxman CD player. They were just so smooth and sweet. I was really impressed.

You already have 803D's, why do you want something different for 2 channel?
      both the revel salon 2 and 803Ds are awesome speakers.... you should stick with the 803Ds
      GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hallo DM3000 Owner,

yes the Usher are very BIG. that true.

I think at a 2ch. system in another room... but I like the B&W very much...and the new Usher are expensive--> with the same money you can buy a 802D or so like that...

The Dealer in Swiss it has said to me that speakers that they are already in warehouses in Swiss the delivery is in 3-4 days while for new orders it must wait for the goods from Taiwan! they do not come from USA!!

Wow for 12500$ I think is better a B&W OR???
        ----------------
        For HT I have 803D,Htm2d, 805S and the sub b&s750: dn't pay make a new system only for 2channel??

Omar

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"