X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dadada
    • May 2008

New B&W front speakers or sub.

Receiver Denon AVR-1708 with 2 B&W 686 speakers.

I need some cheap and good front speakers that also can play the deep tones (don't want to spend money on a sub woofer though) THE SPEAKERS MOST BE B&W, so i can play pc games, seeing movies and hear music

Then i will use my 2 B&W 686 speakers as back speakers, without a sub...

Or buy a good subwoofer instead of front speakers, (i really like deep tones) but it has to be cheap and mach with my 2 speakers i allready have...

Which ones do you preferd???

Any sujostens

PS: Can my Receiver run front speakers without any probs?
  • NMG
    • Oct 2004

What is your budget? I have a hunch you'd almost certainly be better off going for a dedicated sub if you want accurate and powerful bass.

Comment

• dadada
      • May 2008

Originally posted by NMG
      What is your budget? I have a hunch you'd almost certainly be better off going for a dedicated sub if you want accurate and powerful bass.
      Not too much, which sub do you prefer?

Comment

• DL86
        • Sep 2005

SVS subwoofers.

Comment

• NMG
          • Oct 2004

There are lots of options out there and a BIG range in price as well, from a few hundred bucks up to a few thousand and beyond. Lots of good quality subs out there as well, such as SVS, Paradigm, Velodyne, HSU research, B&W, etc.

You don't have to be "too" concerned about matching a sub to your mains as far as brand goes, but there are lots of other considerations such as driver size, box design, size of the box, input and crossover configurations, etc.

For a start, why not look at a 600 series sub from B&W to keep it in the same "range" as what your mains are? I wouldn't go too much lower as you may find the quality lacking in comparison to your mains and if you ever do decide to upgrade your mains, you'll probably end up getting a new sub as well. You don't need to go crazy, but I'd suggest looking at something in the 600 series and then cross shopping some other brands/models in a similar price range and see what you think.

Comment

• dadada
            • May 2008

I found these B&W 604 S2 at low prise, but can my Receiver run then, becouse ive been told that it will burn them...... ??

Comment

• NMG
              • Oct 2004

I can't see why your receiver wouldn't work. Just watch the volume setting and make sure your amp isn't clipping. You shouldn't have to worry about harming the speakers unless you start sending them a distorted signal as a result of over taxing your amp.

Comment

• dadada
                • May 2008

Originally posted by NMG
                I can't see why your receiver wouldn't work. Just watch the volume setting and make sure your amp isn't clipping. You shouldn't have to worry about harming the speakers unless you start sending them a distorted signal as a result of over taxing your amp.
                So you mean that my receiver can run them with out any problems?

Comment

• NMG
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by dadada
                  So you mean that my receiver can run them with out any problems?
                  Yes you should be fine, just don't crank the volume too much. If it starts sounding distorted, turn it down. Said another way, while the speakers would benefit from a more powerful amp, the receiver you have won't hurt them as you as you keep it within its limits.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"