X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian1975
    • Apr 2009

SSP-800 Speakers and Sub setup

Hi to all,

For the speakers setup, I understand that you have to create one configuration for CD stereo and one configuration for multichannel cinema...

1) with the multichannel setting, are the front, center and surround speakers crossed over with the sub?

2) should I activate the e-bass option or not and what is the cross over number for each speaker? (80?)

P.S: my sub is a REL B2

3) for the CD stereo, should we enter the real distance between the front speakers with your primary seating area or we just set it to 0?

I hope there is a Classé and BW guru that can help me here...

Thanks!

Ian
  • Srrndhound
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ian1975
    For the speakers setup, I understand that you have to create one configuration for CD stereo and one configuration for multichannel cinema...
    Not required. One config works for all content and decoding modes. It's your option to make additional configs if you want different settings available.

1) with the multichannel setting, are the front, center and surround speakers crossed over with the sub?
    Your choice. Set the speaker size to "crossed over" or not.

2) should I activate the e-bass option or not and what is the cross over number for each speaker? (80?)
    When the speaker is set to large, and e-bass is enabled the crossover determines which low frequencies will simultaneously get routed to the sub(s). 80 is the frequency setting. It can be changed.

You have to decide if you want the mains to be doubling the bass sent to the subwoofer, or not. Normally it complicates matters to do so, but your ears will help you decide.

Item 1-2 are covered in the manual, p47.

3) for the CD stereo, should we enter the real distance between the front speakers with your primary seating area or we just set it to 0?
    If you never plan to activate any surround processing, or use bass management, then it doesn't matter. If you use either, then set it to the real distances.

Comment

• Gump
      • Sep 2005

Don't sweat it, Ian,,,now's the time to relax and enjoy everything the 800 can do for you!
      Set 1 config for a crossover at 80, another config at 60 and another at 40..then set another one for large speakers with e-bass and another config without e-bass. When you have them all set at various configurations put on some good audio and flip through your pre-set config's and listen to the differences.

You may want one config for a certain type of music or artist and a different one for something else and the same thing for different room conditions (listening solo or having alot of people over).

Play with the 800's different settings and have fun. It's diversity is one of it's best attributes. Embrace it!

Comment

• wcranston
        • Aug 2008

I just picked up my SSP-800 yesterday and I'm having some problems that maybe one of you might have a solution. I set up all my inputs and am in the process of setting up a configuration. When I got to the point of calibrating my speaker levels, the noise is very loud. 98 SPL on my meter. I can't reduce the overall volume using the front panel control or remote to get a starting point of around 75 SPL.

Also, the remote at times takes a long time to respond to commands. This also happens with the front panel volume control.

Comment

• Srrndhound
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by wcranston
          I just picked up my SSP-800 yesterday and I'm having some problems that maybe one of you might have a solution. I set up all my inputs and am in the process of setting up a configuration. When I got to the point of calibrating my speaker levels, the noise is very loud. 98 SPL on my meter. I can't reduce the overall volume using the front panel control or remote to get a starting point of around 75 SPL.

Also, the remote at times takes a long time to respond to commands. This also happens with the front panel volume control.
          Welcome aboard! I'm sure you're going to luv it.

Yes, the noise is not only too loud, but it is wideband instead of filtered as is normal, making it useless for setting levels with an SPL meter. I've discussed this with Classe and it will be fixed in the next code drop.

In the meantime, find a DVD with THX Optimode signals, or Digital Video Essentals, or such others, and use those test signals to cal your speakers.

What version firmware is running? Go to Menu-->Status-->Version info.

I have not noticed delayed reactions. My unit is new, with the dual DSPs, and running code 1.9.9 build 0058.
          Last edited by Srrndhound; 20 September 2009, 20:03 Sunday.

Comment

• wcranston
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Srrndhound
            Welcome aboard! I'm sure you're going to luv it.

Yes, the noise is not only too loud, but it is wideband instead of filtered as is normal, making it useless for setting levels with an SPL meter. I've discussed this with Classe and it will be fixed in the next code drop.

In the meantime, find a DVD with THX Optimode signals, or Digital Video Essentals, or such others, and use those test signals to cal your speakers.

What version firmware is running? Go to Menu-->Status-->Version info.

I have not noticed delayed reactions. My unit is new, with the dual DSPs, and running code 1.9.9 build 0058.
            Same version as yours,1.9.9 build 0058.

I went into the rotary control menu and reset defaults. I didn't check out the response yet because I am being forced to watch the Emmys. Ouch! She just hit me.

I also notice that under room EQ, activate EQ was selected so I deselected it.

The unit had 8 min. of use on it when I received it. I guess that the dealer was playing around with the settings.

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

sub

Hallo ian1975,

I go send you a PM with the configuration (foot x foot) for your SSP800.

Hope this help. I have received this "instruction" from Classe Switzerland.

Style

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"