X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artv4
    • Jun 2007

b&w vm6 help

anyone hear the b&w vm6. i want to purchase one for my surround back duties. either this or i will purchase one m1
    GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

I've not heard it but I'd imagine it's pretty good. It has the same drivers as the CM1 just in a different enclosure. I'm sure it's better than the M1.

Eric

Comment

• artv4
      • Jun 2007

do you think it will timber will match my 600 series?

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

Yes, regardless of version. Which version do you have by the way?

Comment

• Snap
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2005

yes the vm6 sound awesome and will work just fine in your system.
          The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• artv4
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
            Yes, regardless of version. Which version do you have by the way?
            series three

Comment

• artv4
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Snap
              yes the vm6 sound awesome and will work just fine in your system.
              sounds like i will pick that up next week

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by artv4
                series three
                It will match great.

Eric

Comment

• kmcheng
                  • Jan 2008

I have not heard the VM6 myself, but the VM1 clearly sounded inferior to the M-1 during my audition. Even my wife could tell the difference, and they were being sold at the same price!

Unless B&W substantially improves the VM6, I would recommend getting the M-1 for rears. Also check out the 685/686 when you go to the dealer. I believe that the VM6 is getting very close to the price points of the 600 series, which should certainly match the timber of your other 600 series speakers.

The M-1 does have two big drawbacks: 1. The B&W-designed stands are grossly overpriced and they are your only option if you have to put the M-1 on stands. 2. The M-1 are a big pain to set up.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by kmcheng
                    I have not heard the VM6 myself, but the VM1 clearly sounded inferior to the M-1 during my audition. Even my wife could tell the difference, and they were being sold at the same price!

Unless B&W substantially improves the VM6, I would recommend getting the M-1 for rears. Also check out the 685/686 when you go to the dealer. I believe that the VM6 is getting very close to the price points of the 600 series, which should certainly match the timber of your other 600 series speakers.

The M-1 does have two big drawbacks: 1. The B&W-designed stands are grossly overpriced and they are your only option if you have to put the M-1 on stands. 2. The M-1 are a big pain to set up.
                    The VM1 is older that the M1 and I do agree with you that the M1 sounds better. That said, the VM1 is targeted at a different application than the M1 so the VM1 is the right product sometimes.

The VM6 is a totally different speaker than the VM1. The VM6 has the same drivers as the CM1. It's just a different enclosure. I'm sure the VM6 sounds much better, and bigger, than the M1.

Eric

Comment

• artv4
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                      The VM1 is older that the M1 and I do agree with you that the M1 sounds better. That said, the VM1 is targeted at a different application than the M1 so the VM1 is the right product sometimes.

The VM6 is a totally different speaker than the VM1. The VM6 has the same drivers as the CM1. It's just a different enclosure. I'm sure the VM6 sounds much better, and bigger, than the M1.

Eric
                      thanks eric, hopefully i am picking my vm6 up tomorrow afternoon!!!! i am still considering using ds3's for surround speakers l/r or maybe a pair of dm602 s3.

Comment

• artv4
                        • Jun 2007

i need more help on my ds3/6 for surround. should i purchase them for my ht, or just use normal monopole speakers??????? anyone with prior experience???

Comment

• artv4
                          • Jun 2007

finally bought my vm6 yesterday. all i can say is wow!!!!! very well made. basically a cm1 from what i hear. i will post pics soon

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"