X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jack667
    • Jul 2007

B&W 683 for sale (UK)

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I thought being a B&W club, this might interest you..

Reluctantly up for sale are my B&W 683 in light oak - they are only 6 months old, in absolute MINT condition, been looked after extremely well!

Of course, I understand this is an international forum, and a long stretch that I am from United Kingdom (London to be precise) and they are only available for collection!

Sensible offers please...
    B&W 683. Advantage S-101. Mac Mini. 53,000 tunes.
  • arcam_boy
    • Jan 2008

why not try selling on avforums.com which is a dedicated hi fi and home cinema forum with 99% of the members from the UK and something like 250000 members!!

Comment

• jack667
      • Jul 2007

Thats a very good idea! I think I have a buyer now.. fingers crossed.

If anyone is wondering (I doubt it..).. I am moving to a pair of Spendor s9e's (boooo I hear, being on a B&W forum!).. but you'll be pleased to know I got a fantastic price on them, and it's literally taking that much of a jump to beat the 683s to my ears!!

The 683s will be sorely missed, exceptional, and I mean exceptional speakers for the money.

Comment

• btf1980
        • Aug 2007

What happened to your 805s? I seem to remember you having a pair.
        A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• jack667
          • Jul 2007

Yeah, I did own a pair of 805s - I didn't get on with them at all - I wrote a review somewhere on this forum.. don't take my word for it, they just didn't agree with my ears at all.. a big shame as I'd wanted the 805s for years..

I've always had a soft spot for Spendor after hearing the S series a few years back.. I'm very happy I have a pair of s9e's on the way! Much better matched to my system and taste..

Comment

• jack667
            • Jul 2007

Well the Spendors arrived and they are absolutely MIND blowing - I guess this is the end of an era - goodbye all, you have been a lovely bunch, extremely helpful and insightful.. I guess I'm not wanted round these parts no more!

I will head on over to the Audio section of the forum

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"