X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoop
    • May 2008

b&w sub or cerwin sub

hi! I'm new here and I'm like so confuse because i grow up thinking bigger was better no matter what so excuse me up front for being alliterate.
    i just bought a new pair of b&w 684 speakers and now i need a sub to add and I'm very confused on what to get.

i was looking at the b&w asw610 (650$) or a cerwin vega 12"(260$) sub.
    all i do is what movies or play my PS3 that's it so that's what i would be using it for (no music).

please help me decide.
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

400$ in your pocket is always nice.
    Ive always had a soft spot for CV gear too.

This coming from someone with an ASW855. :lol:
    B&W

Comment

• dknightd
      • Mar 2006

Do whatever makes you happy - if you only use it for HT boom all that really matters is the sub moves enough air to give you the thump you want. I don't know which sub thumps better - multiply speaker area by speaker excursion and you will have a good idea.

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by hoop
        hi! I'm new here and I'm like so confuse because i grow up thinking bigger was better no matter what so excuse me up front for being alliterate. i just bought a new pair of b&w 684 speakers and now i need a sub to add and I'm very confused on what to get. i was looking at the b&w asw610 (650$) or a cerwin vega 12"(260$) sub. all i do is what movies or play my PS3 that's it so that's what i would be using it for (no music). please help me decide.
        Cerwin VEga will give you all you need for PS3 and movies, music is an other story
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• hoop
          • May 2008

ok thx guys , ill get the CV!

Comment

• Snap
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by hoop
            ok thx guys , ill get the CV!

did I just see some one choose a 250 CV over a B&W sub? 8O

If money is an issue there are TONS better subs out there for 650 and less than a CV.

Jamo, Tru Audio, You mentioned the B&W, I have seen Velodyne on sale several times for 600, doesn't SVS make a decent little sub for under 650?
            The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"