X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jasondtx
    • Mar 2008

Signature Diamond Speakers

For all the B&W fans I have a question. Have any of you heard the new 40th anniversary Signature Diamonds? I have had these in my store and just wanted to let people know that they are absolutely amazing! There is a limited production on this speaker and they come in 2 finishes. You can see them on the B&W website. I have never heard a speaker disappear and image as well as these did. They truly did not sound like they were turned on when listening to them. The system sounded so transparent and lifelike, like the singer was standing in front of me about 6 feet singing in the room with the rest of the musicians. If anyone gets a chance to audition these do so, or to purchase them if you have the funds you will not be disappointed. I have heard many systems including many B&W speakers in very well known high end recording studios and they came close but the signature diamonds were just amazing in every way. Really nice marble enclosure on the tweeter!
  • Mark-n-b
    • Apr 2005

I have not heard these speakers personally, although my supplier has and says that they are superb. I think that some of the technology in these speakers will make it to the next generation of 800 series speakers.

Comment

• Pedro
      • Jan 2006

Sorry but what are the new technologies?

Comment

• Audiophiliac
        • Apr 2006

They do sound sweet. We have sold 1 pair. We unfortunately had to send our white pair back to B&W after having them on demo for a while.

Comment

• Mark-n-b
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Pedro
          Sorry but what are the new technologies?
          Marble tweeter housing. Also I think (although I do not know) that something will happen to the cabinet, but I'm not sure what yet.

Comment

• Jasondtx
            • Mar 2008

Marble tweeter housing (each one unique in looks)
            Kevlar Mid/bass
            Kevlar has new phase plug machined out of brass and internally profiled to eliminate turbulence.
            Diamond Tweeter
            Curved Cabinet to eliminate diffraction and to help imaging
            Still uses flowport
            First order crossover
            Really nice finishes!
            Even though it's a 2 way, very good bass

Comment

• William
              • Aug 2006

Subjective: Looks like a sewer PVC pipe.

Comment

• RedWolf
                • Sep 2007

I live in New York and my two dealers would not get a pair for demo without full payment up front. (Ha!) I don't know what city you are in but I envy your customer base. I have been looking at the Hansen Audio Knight Loudspeaker as an alternative, same physical size (roughly) as the 40th Anniversary Signature Diamond. My problem is I have 805s currently for front and rear and the B&W would have matched better in appearance and probably sound to what I have, so I may end up having to replace everything. But hey, this is a hobby right?

Comment

• Bob Santos
                  • Mar 2001

The Signature Diamonds certainly are a special speaker. They sound great.
                  They have a huge soundstage, and amazing imaging. Defininately worth seeking out a demo. Very well built and the Wakame finish is gorgeous.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"