Is couple decades old B&W HTM 2 Nautilus Center still worth buying?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

Is couple decades old B&W HTM 2 Nautilus Center still worth buying?

Hi guy's.. It's been years since i have not posted here. But my question for you is, i have an opportunity to get a HTM2 Nautilus centre channel in new condition to add to my HT setup. Is this speaker still worth getting in 2021? The person had it in storage for years and really haven't used it much. I am going to pair it with my PM1's.. I can't find an good condition HTM4S in my area so was wondering if the HTM2 will work? Any help would be great..
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

Wow these forums have died down over the years. Anyways I did pick up the HTM 2 Nautilus. It’s in brand new condition. To be honest it is pretty nicely matched with the PM1’s. I only use it for HT so matching it perfect is not that important for me. For music I do only 2ch anyways. But it’s a great speaker for the money. Made the movies come alive. You can tell the tweeter is not clear as the PM1’s but you really can’t tell that much when watching movies. It does have more punch in the low end. I calibrated it about 6db lover than my PM’s. My PM’s are rated at 84 db and this center is rated at 88 db. But over all very happy with the result. Not a bad speaker being 17 year old. Pretty much keeps up with the PM’s.

Cheers guys..

Comment

• Joawen
      • Mar 2006

Yeah, the matching .. I used to have a HTM that was a seamless match to my 801 S3's tweeters. But .. in the end i preferred the fuller voice of a HTM1 Nautilus, i couldn't have both ..
      Come to think of it why didn't i try to exchange the tweeter .. too late now! Clearly the matching WAS better but the sound was so much thinner than the huge 801's.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"