Coupling my B&Ws with a Sony STR-DA5300ES?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P1et
    • Jan 2006

Coupling my B&Ws with a Sony STR-DA5300ES?

Hello!

I have not posted here in a while, been happy with my B&W setup! However, the bug has time me again. At work, we have a special program with Sony where I can all their products at extremely aggressive prices. So I was looking at their receivers and saw the STR-DA5300ES. I have a Denon AVR-1905 right now so it would definitely be an upgrade from that.

I have a 602 S3s as my maint fronts. Any thoughts on the Sony amp?

Sony STR-DA5300ES
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

The Sony es is a fantastic receiver. It's got nice dynamic range and clean sound. I have Installed it many times and found it to drive speakers very well( I have used Focal and Polk audio).
    It's a bit tricky to get setup. It's menu system is exaclty like the new Sony tvs and playstation 3. So if you have experience with those menu systems, you'll be fine setting it up. It also have a auto calibration which works very well.

I think you will be happy with it and your B&W speakers. Years ago we used to sell alot of B&W speakers with Sony es receivers and I always liked the way those jobs came out.

Comment

• P1et
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dmantis
      The Sony es is a fantastic receiver. It's got nice dynamic range and clean sound. I have Installed it many times and found it to drive speakers very well( I have used Focal and Polk audio).
      It's a bit tricky to get setup. It's menu system is exaclty like the new Sony tvs and playstation 3. So if you have experience with those menu systems, you'll be fine setting it up. It also have a auto calibration which works very well.

I think you will be happy with it and your B&W speakers. Years ago we used to sell alot of B&W speakers with Sony es receivers and I always liked the way those jobs came out.
      Thank you for that feedback, very helpful! I have heard that many people are very impressed with the processing side of the Sony ES range, but now always with the amplification side. Looks like I'll be able to buy the ES for now, then add external seperate amps later on.

I think I'll pull the trigger soon on this!

Comment

• P1et
        • Jan 2006

As an update, I just ordered the 5300ES yesterday! Cannot wait to get it...

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Nice deal! I love Sony ES products and wouldnt hesitate to use one.
          B&W

Comment

• fnazareth
            • Apr 2008

HI guys.

So, how about that Sony ES 5300?

I'm consider a denon avr 4308 to conect a B&w XT4.

Greatings
            Filipe

Comment

• P1et
              • Jan 2006

I just received the 5300ES a few days ago, what a beast of an amp! Weighs quite a bit, I was a bit surprised.

Cannot wait to have it all hooked up. We just bought a new house, so she's still in the box waiting to be released!!!

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

A sony with B&Ws how does it sound!
                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• P1et
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by wettou
                  A sony with B&Ws how does it sound!
                  Not sure yet, it's still in the box! The amp is too tall for my cabinet so I'm looking for a new cabinet...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"