Glenee is moving up to Mc 1.2KW and 800D's ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenee
    • Aug 2006

Glenee is moving up to Mc 1.2KW and 800D's ?

Well I've got a chance to move from my 802D' S and MC 501's to a pair of 800D'S with a pair of MC1.2KW Amps. I may never have this chance again, a friend of mine who plays Pro Football and has more money than God, called and said if I would come and pick up everything up He would make me a really good deal, and it is all equipment is less than 8 Months old. I can afford it with the sale of the 802D'S and Mc501's but I just put all this together a little over a year ago. My Lifetime dream system you know. I'm not sure that with my Old Ears if I would be able to tell that much difference, and the Hassle of having to sell my stuff on Audiogon. No place around here has the MC1.2 KW amps and I heard I would need plenty of help just to move them. I will never get this chance again and even my Wife want's me to do the Deal and She never has expressed interest in my Audio Deals before. I have been on this forum for a while and I trust you guys. Anybody here ever heard this Combo before. I mean how much better could it be.
    Thanks Ahead for any Help.
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Well you like the Mc B&W sound so on that basis you could not be going too far wrong. Unfortunately I am a little too far away to help you with picking up the gear :-).

If you have to pick up the gear before you sell your current stuff you can hear both at home and decide which to sell - similar to Racecar driver in his 803/802 colour thread.

Thats a good question - do you like the colour of the 800s ?

PS - you live once- go for it !
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Glenee
      • Aug 2006

That's another thing the ones I have are Black Ash the others are Rosenut. My wife likes the rosenut but I loved My Black Beauties.

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Wow Glenee, thats great news, congrats. I am sure that you will have no problem appreciating the improvement over your 802's, the difference IMO is night and day.
        Some time back I did a direct comparison of these two speakers at my dealer, we used the same room, and the same components, the 802ds were nice, but really didnt wow me ( I know Im going to catch hell over that statement), but when we setup the 800ds and had a listen I was amazed, I was not expecting THAT much of a difference, but there was. That audition still haunts me......I am reminded of it every time I listen to my 803s :lol:
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• jericho
          • Dec 2004

Glenee,

I've got both, I mean I have the 802D's driven with 501's and I've got the 800D's with 1201's (1.2KW newer model and BETTER!!!)
          Don't look at the stupid coloor of those speakers, if sound comes first, the difference is like bying a BMW with a 320 engine and bying a BMW with the M3 engine.
          This means it is a very big difference if you play at lower levels, you can hear that there is a very big amp driven those speakers, there is more transparence, more bass, etc...

GO FOR IT!!!!Don't hesitate, you never get that opportunity again ;x( ;x( ;x(

Comment

• ShadowZA
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

Glenee, if I were in your shoes I would definitely go for it. Life is way too short so let it be sweet and enjoyable. All the very best to you and once you've had some listening time on your 800D's, it would be great for you to share some thoughts with us.

Good luck. :T

Comment

• RebelMan
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

:E Glenee, this is a definite no brainer. DO IT, DO IT, DO IT. The 800D have phenomenal bass and more open midband, top end is about the same though. If you don't do it I'll not share the same table with you anymore. :P
              "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

Glenee,

The 800Ds are submlime in a reasonable room... and the M1201 are awesome and drive them well... You already know you like the McIntosh sound...

So hey... Do yourself a favour

Geoff

Comment

• Glenee
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
                  :E Glenee, this is a definite no brainer. DO IT, DO IT, DO IT. The 800D have phenomenal bass and more open midband, top end is about the same though. If you don't do it I'll not share the same table with you anymore. :P
                  It was a nice time in Vegas at the CES Show. Thanks for having me as your Guest.

Comment

• RebelMan
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

We had a great time and enjoyed your company.

So are you getting the 800D?

Comment

• Glenee
                      • Aug 2006

I have got to look into how to sell the MC501's and the 802D's. I don't like the Idea of shipping anything. I would like to find some one within a 300 mile radius. I would then deliver that way I know that they are theirs just as perfect as they were when they were mine. These shipping companies scare the shit out of me.If someone would be willing to meet me I would make a very good deal to make sure all went well.
                      Glenee

Comment

• Glenee
                        • Aug 2006

This is it now. Why would I want to leave this ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• dknightd
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Glenee
                          This is it now. Why would I want to leave this ?
                          bigger is better ?

Comment

• RebelMan
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

Ahhh... because you have the room? :P

Comment

• eljr
                              • Aug 2007

Great opportunity! Go for it.
                              What you got back home, lil' sister, to play yer fuzzy warbles on? Pitiful, portable picnic players?
                              Come with uncle & hear all proper! Hear angels trumpets & devils trombones. You are invited!

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"