32.00%
    Rosenut
    38.00%
    Walnut
    8.00%
    Black
    22.00%

The poll is expired.

My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

I have FPMs and while you dont have the other two color choices (Anthracite and silver) in your choices Black is still better then both in my opinion.

Comment

• Angioguy
      • Nov 2005

803S in rosenut
      HTM4S in black ash
      B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

Silver (as in NT4)...lol
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI,
          805S, HTM4S and two ASW800's in BLACK. Stunning!! 8)

Sparky

Comment

• alpina
            • Nov 2005

hi karma,

do you have any pics?

im beginning to lean towards rosenut for my 705s and htm7. like the idea of black but didn't like the texture as much

cheers,

julie
            My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• rockethouse
              • Nov 2004

Dont mind the cherry but the rosenut is the winner for me

Comment

• angelo
                • Aug 2004

how can you go wrong with black?

Comment

• JKalman
                  • Nov 2005

The Cherry finish is beautiful and I own the 802Ds in that color, but I chose the Rosenut as my favorite, not because it is better per se, but because they would have matched my decor better.

Comment

• JKalman
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by angelo
                    how can you go wrong with black?
                    I had the 703, 705 and a sub in black and it is probably the one B&W color I don't like at all. IMO it looks cheap, you end up seeing the wood grain in an off black (dark grey) which I think looks awful and is the exact reason why I didn't get my 802Ds in black. I feel it is better to have the wood grain look more natural rather than have it look like you spray painted your speakers yourself, which is how I felt the black looked on the 7 series...

Originally posted by alpina
                    hi karma,

do you have any pics?

im beginning to lean towards rosenut for my 705s and htm7. like the idea of black but didn't like the texture as much

cheers,

julie
                    I don't think you will be upset with the Rosenut if you purchase in that color, it looks rich. I do like the Cherry color I have a lot also, but my couch (which didn't photograph as dark as it is for my B&W photo on this website) is closer to Rosenut in color.

Comment

• JKalman
                      • Nov 2005

Now if you could only pay an extra thousand dollars or so and get your top of the line B&W speakers in Bird's Eye Maple, that is probably one of the most beautiful wood grain patterns and colors on the market IMO.

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI,
                        I guess I could get all defensive and justify my black system. But I won't. I'll just relax and remember that there is no accounting for taste. I just wish you could open your mind as far. It makes life so much easier.

Sparky
                        Last edited by Karma; 15 December 2005, 08:18 Thursday.

Comment

• DCNYC
                          • Dec 2005

Cm 6 In Rosenut Absolutely Gorgeous

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

I thought I saw some "piano" black 802s or whatnot.
                            The whole cabinet looked 8 ball black like the top of the 800 series....

If im not totally off my rocker, id gladly give up mine for those!

OK, i just searched and cant find such a speaker.
                            I think sleep deprivation is getting to me.
                            Time for :Z
                            B&W

Comment

• JKalman
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Karma
                              HI,
                              I guess I could get all defensive and justify my black system. But I won't. I'll just relax and remember that there is no accounting for taste. I just wish you could open your mind as far. I makes life so much easier.

Sparky
                              Sparky, I resent your assumption and condescension that your mind is more "open" than mine simply because I prefer other colors to black (notice I said IMO throughout my post). What was so unclear about my post that you didn't comprehend my stating over and over that IMO (In My Opinion) I think black looks cheap and that I don't like it. I made it quite clear that I owned a full surround setup of theirs in black.

I find your response to be hypocritically close minded, and in short, a thinly veiled attempt to pretend you are not getting defensive when you are outright attacking my character over a clearly stated preference. Perhaps you are too attached to your speakers if you took it so personally, or worse, perhaps you really don't like the color yourself if my comments made you this insecure about your choice.

Comment

• JKalman
                                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                                I thought I saw some "piano" black 802s or whatnot.
                                The whole cabinet looked 8 ball black like the top of the 800 series....

If im not totally off my rocker, id gladly give up mine for those!

OK, i just searched and cant find such a speaker.
                                I think sleep deprivation is getting to me.
                                Time for :Z
                                Yeah, if I could get it in piano black or lacquer black I would have, that is what I was expecting when I bought the 7 series in black. I just couldn't stand the changes in color on the wood grain, IMO, it looks cheap.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2005

Cherry for me. I like the smooth and almost glass like finish not to mention it blends in with well with our decor. I also like rosenut but I an not crazy about the wood grain texture on the 803D's and below. I believe the 802D's and up have a smooth finish which I do like. I tend to think the black finish has a cheapness to it also which is too bad because it would have been my second pick. As far as the walnut finish goes, let's just say that I think B&W made the right decision to keep it out of their 800 series lineup.
                                  "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• PavelL
                                    • Sep 2005

My Naut 802s are in black. And to ME they look great. The newer line is just gorgeous!!! With even more beauty in black - I love that black leather!!! More textures and I think 802Ds in black are stunning!!! Watched that B&W promo 800 series DVD? They chose black to present their "perfect loudspeaker". Having said that I have to admit that first I liked cherry - /not stained cherry/. Though cherry and esp. rosenut do look great, yet those colors may not match your interior, but black goes well with anything. Almost anything.

Comment

• JKalman
                                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by PavelL
                                      Watched that B&W promo 800 series DVD? They chose black to present their "perfect loudspeaker".
                                      I don't care if John F. Kennedy liked them in black and was buried with a pair painted in black and wrapped in the American flag, I still think they are ugly. "Appeal to people ad Populum" is too fallacious an argument to sway me to change my preferences, even if I am the only person left on earth who finds them heinous. My wife thought they were damaged until she got close enough to see it was the woodgrain showing through the paint. That being said, you are entitled to your opinion, and so is B&W, but it doesn't make any of our opinions incorrect or correct. It just makes them opinions... :roll:

That is the nice thing about polls, they give a tally of different opinions, not a right or wrong result.

Comment

• PavelL
                                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by JKalman
                                        I don't care if John F. Kennedy liked them in black and was buried with a pair painted in black and wrapped in the American flag, I still think they are ugly. "Appeal to people ad Populum" is too fallacious an argument to sway me to change my preferences, even if I am the only person left on earth who finds them heinous. My wife thought they were damaged until she got close enough to see it was the woodgrain showing through the paint. That being said, you are entitled to your opinion, and so is B&W, but it doesn't make any of our opinions incorrect or correct. It just makes them opinions... :roll:

That is the nice thing about polls, they give a tally of different opinions, not a right or wrong result.
                                        Thanks for clearing that up! Now I know! ;x( My original reference to the 800 series DVD was only meant to illustrate that 802D in black can be shown beautiful. Unlike photos on B&W site. Like I said I first liked cherry, not black.
                                        And let me add a personal note. I don't understand why a person who is not "easily swayed" by some stranger's opinion should react like this Relax, you ARE entitled to an opinion. So AM I. By the way, we have a lot in common - we love silly girls :B

Comment

• JKalman
                                          • Nov 2005

And let me add a personal note. I don't understand why a person who is not "easily swayed" by some stranger's opinion should react like this Relax, you ARE entitled to an opinion. So AM I. By the way, we have a lot in common - we love silly girls :B
                                          No offense, but you are assuming too much. My response was measured and calculated. I am completely relaxed. The reason why you don't understand is because you are wrong about my reactions and are either reading too much into it them or are projecting your assumptions onto my posts.

I wouldn't call my wife a "silly girl", she is 33, the mother of our three children and a Graphic Design graduate of Parsons School of Design - it is rude to assume we are on casual and/or friendly enough terms for you to patronize her because she didn't like the black color on my speakers either.

Comment

• PavelL
                                            • Sep 2005

I find this hilarious exchange rather amusing. It was not your spouse I was patronising. You did not get it. You said "don't care if John F. Kennedy liked them in black and was buried with a pair painted in black and wrapped in the American flag" and then right then you start telling about your wife's opinion. So do you or do you not care what everyone else thinks? You WANT to think that you are not swayed. GOOD. Cool. I like that. No more philanthropy on my part. Sorry. Shrinks work for $$$.

Comment

• RobP
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Nov 2004

WOW! :E Its amazing how these threads turn out sometimes. :roll:

Anyway my system is all in black ash, with the exception of my sub which is dark cherry (one of the main reasons Im selling it). I like the new rosewood color, but when the lights go down in my theatre the speakers disappear.
                                              Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• JKalman
                                                • Nov 2005

Actually I said, "'Appeal to people ad Populum' is too fallacious an argument to sway me to change my preferences, even if I am the only person left on earth who finds them heinous," right after the first sentence. Perhaps if you read more carefully you will understand what I wrote. You assume that because I stated my wife's point of view that I was influenced by it. You certainly make a lot of inferences, unfortunatly, they are incorrect inferences. You know what they say, assume makes an ass out of you and me. I never said her opinion influenced mine, that is an assumption you are making, I'm just adding more opinions to show that not everyone loves ash black color.
                                                Last edited by JKalman; 16 December 2005, 04:41 Friday.

Comment

• Eliav
                                                  • Jul 2005

B&W 803s -Rosenut
                                                  B&W HTM3s - Rosenut
                                                  Love them with all my heart (and ears)
                                                  Eliav
                                                  :T Socrat

Comment

• PavelL
                                                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by JKalman
                                                    Actually I said, "'Appeal to people ad Populum' is too fallacious an argument to sway me to change my preferences, even if I am the only person left on earth who finds them heinous," right after the first sentence. Perhaps if you read more carefully you will understand what I wrote. You assume that because I stated my wife's point of view that I was influenced by it. You certainly make a lot of inferences, unfortunatly, they are incorrect inferences. You know what they say, assume makes an ass out of you and me. I never said her opinion influenced mine, that is an assumption you are making, I'm just adding more opinions to show that not everyone loves ash black color.
                                                    O.K. Let's leave it there. Your time's up. I have a patient waiting.

P.S. 1) If you think of it you will understand that a person who says "'Appeal to people ad Populum' is too fallacious an argument" should not be considering someone else's opinion - including his wife's opinion as an ARGUMENT. Becomes too fallacious an argument.
                                                    2) We both made quite a few assumptions. For instance you think I called your wife "a silly girl". If you read my post and THINK you will understand that it was you who did it. You could have responded "I don't like silly girls, I like my wife who is smart " Instead you chose to made assumptions.

Again, let's leave it there. After all English is not even my first foreign language, I give up. It is me who does not understand. By the way who the hell is John F. Kennedy? See I also can play silly
                                                    Last edited by PavelL; 16 December 2005, 09:07 Friday.

Comment

• JKalman
                                                      • Nov 2005

O.K. Let's leave it there. Your time's up. I have a patient waiting.

P.S. 1) If you think of it you will understand that a person who says "'Appeal to people ad Populum' is too fallacious an argument" should not be considering someone else's opinion - including his wife's opinion as an ARGUMENT. Becomes too fallacious an argument.
                                                      I already told you, and if you read the passage you will see, that I did not use her as an argument. I stated her opinion and put no weight on it in terms of my opinion. She is just another person who didn't like the color "ash black". I didn't like the color the minute I took them out of the box. She didn't see them until a few days after that when I finished setting the system up in my private office. I think it followed quite logically from the statement "even if I am the only person left on earth who finds them heinous", that I mention someone else who agrees with me so that I am not the only person on earth who feels this way about that color. This doesn't negate my previous statement, nor does it imply that I am influenced by her opinion.

2) We both made quite a few assumptions. For instance you think I called your wife "a silly girl". If you read my post and THINK you will understand that it was you who did it. You could have responded "I don't like silly girls, I like my wife who is smart " Instead you chose to made assumptions.
                                                      Fair enough...

Again, let's leave it there. After all English is not even my first foreign language, I give up. It is me who does not understand. By the way who the hell is John F. Kennedy? See I also can play silly
                                                      Fair enough...

Comment

• PavelL
                                                        • Sep 2005

But boy I loved MAPLE on 703s! Served me well for entire 4 months!!!

Comment

• rav934
                                                          • Dec 2005

I had 704's in black. Dealer let me borrow 804s in cherry...wife loved the cherry. I got 804s! LOL

Comment

• Rob72
                                                            • Dec 2005

Black Ash is my preference on the 802D....very contemporary looking. I like the wood finishes but they tend to be a little more traditional looking for my tastes. They are all beautiful looking though. It all depends on your decor and taste.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                            Search Result for "|||"