X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I found it again! Gloss black N801s

I knew I saw these pics a few years ago.

Stumbling around on the net... take a look!

B&W
  • worldys
    • Dec 2005

nice find, i love the one with the three 801s from the side

s

Comment

• Briz vegas
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I don't get how anyone can not love the look of these things. Well I can, its personal taste, but I think the look fabulous. In ancient Greece, or was it Rome, they used to make the columns bulge in the middle. It gave them an appearance of tension and strength. I think the big 800s are like that. I guess even the 804s has a bit of the bulge thing happening when viewed from above.

Would love to have a pair of these just for the looks alone it would almost be worth it. They also remind me of some classic cars.

Very nice!
      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Briz vegas
        I don't get how anyone can not love the look of these things. Well I can, its personal taste, but I think the look fabulous. In ancient Greece, or was it Rome, they used to make the columns bulge in the middle. It gave them an appearance of tension and strength. I think the big 800s are like that. I guess even the 804s has a bit of the bulge thing happening when viewed from above.

Would love to have a pair of these just for the looks alone it would almost be worth it. They also remind me of some classic cars.

Very nice!
        I have blach N801's. they look really good with the Grills on. Like little warriors.

Comment

• worldys
          • Dec 2005

i think black cabinets looks best with the marlan heads, better visual match, more sleek, would love to see the 800D in glossy black

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

You know, getting that same finish on your cabinets would not be that big of a deal, there are plenty of high end woodworkers who could provide the same look if you were willing to take your speakers apart.
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• dan87951
              • Nov 2005

Thats hot!
              dan87951
              audio guru

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Soundgravy
                You know, getting that same finish on your cabinets would not be that big of a deal, there are plenty of high end woodworkers who could provide the same look if you were willing to take your speakers apart.
                Thought about it myself actually. I am perfectly capable of taking the speakers apart.
                I dont have a huge investment into them, and they are not mint by anymeans. I dont plan on ever selling them, so maybe some day in the future they will get a custom finish.
                B&W

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                  Thought about it myself actually. I am perfectly capable of taking the speakers apart.
                  I dont have a huge investment into them, and they are not mint by anymeans. I dont plan on ever selling them, so maybe some day in the future they will get a custom finish.
                  If you are going to get them refinished, check out some of the wood veneers that are available. You could easily have yours finished in tiger's eye just like the signatures.

Comment

• Gremal
                    • Apr 2007

That piano black finish looks fantastic. That type of finish adds to the modernist look of the 800/801/802 with the the marlin head mid/tweeter unit. The other speakers in the line look better with different wood finishes, but the 800/801/802 look best in black, I believe. This piano black is even better. The lighter wood finishes are very nice but to me they have a retro look that clashes with the futuristic look of the marlin head.
                    Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
                    Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
                    B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
                    VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
                    Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"