To what degree would I benefit from adding an amp?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hopkins_student
    • Jan 2008

To what degree would I benefit from adding an amp?

My current system consists of 604S3 fronts, an LCR 600, and 601S3 surrounds powered by a Sony ES 120W/channel receiver and an ASW675 sub. To what degree would I benefit from adding an amplifier and how much would I need to spend to get a five channel amp that is on the level of the other equipment? Thanks for your assistance.
  • DL86
    • Sep 2005

You would really hear an improvement over using your receiver's internal amplifiers. I have a pair of paradigm studio 100's and when I power them with a rotel rb-1090 the difference is night and day when compared to a 95W yamaha receiver. Preety much everything improves, sounds a lot less strained. Given your current system I would look at getting rotel's new RMB-1085 http://www.rotel.com/NA/products/Pro...68&Tab=1&Pic=2 or a used RMB-1075. Both would work very nicely.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"