X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fvoufvou
    • Jan 2008

How much you pay for your 683?

Hey Guys, I am new here. Say hello to you all first...I am glad to join this big family as I love B&W...

I am going to have my first HT on new 600 series. My dealer offers me the following package for $3100.

HTM61

Do you think the price is acceptable or there is still something I need to negotiate with my dealer?

How much do you pay for your 683/600 HT?

Thank you.

Eric
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

Eric,
    That sounds high. Where abouts are you? Looks like your dealer is charging over MSRP on the speakers if you are in the US. When I bough my package the 683's were $1500 US, HTM61 $650US, and 685's $650 US, add that all up and you get $2800 for the total package. Most dealers will give a small discount of 10% when you buy the whole package at once. I suggust pushing or a discount. Good Luck with it.
    dan87951
    audio guru

Comment

• gc8ej25
      • Nov 2007

If the $3100 doesn't include taxes, you are paying above retail. And they should offer you some sort of discount.

Comment

• fvoufvou
        • Jan 2008

Dan... I never thought you are the guy who sell 683 on ebay...

$3100 is the lowest price I can get at my location. I am at the place where 683 is manufactoried...faint...but with highest price on this planet...

Comment

• dan87951
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by fvoufvou
          Dan... I never thought you are the guy who sell 683 on ebay...

$3100 is the lowest price I can get at my location. I am at the place where 683 is manufactoried...faint...but with highest price on this planet...
          Gotcha Thats not that much higher really.. If you really want them I would make the plunge! I would sell ya mine but by the time you factor in shipping it will probably be the same as what it costs to buy them new there..
          dan87951
          audio guru

Comment

• fvoufvou
            • Jan 2008

Sorry for not replying you earlier, Dan...

I was checking with customhouse for importing an used speaker and how much I need to pay for it at customs. I was really astonished to see I need a certificate of machinery and electric for this speaker (I have no idea where and how I can get this certificate)...but that's not all. A very long and complex process will wait for me if I insist importing it...OMG :-( . I can certainly do nothing at custom, and the chance is the speakers will be confiscated....

It seems that there is no choice for me, but giving up. However, Dan, I still want to thank you for considering selling it to me...that kind of trust you offered makes me really happy. There are more good guys around here and talking to you guys are same kind of enjoyment as I listen to my favorite speakers ^_^

Comment

• lvhung
              • Jun 2005

why dont you go for Dynaudio 52, 42c, 42w for around 1.5k
              B&W is good sound but not fair in price

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"