X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnyz
    • Dec 2007

CDM9 NT vs. N803 worth the upgrade?

I came across a used pair of N803 yesterday at a great price.the speakers look brand new. flawless finish all around. price 2900

am i gaining a lot going from the cdm's to the 800s or would the jump up the the new 800's be more for my $. I don't want to upgrade every year or two. I would rather buy and hold this next set for 10+ years.

I have budgeted about 10k for system upgrades but obviously would be ok spending less. I will be selling my cdm nt's and rotel 1055/1095 as a part of the upgrade budget...
  • dknightd
    • Mar 2006

First I have no idea of the used prices for either speaker you are considering. But I suspect it would be a very nice upgrade. What happened to the 805's to save space? There is no doubt the N803 is a nice speaker, and I suspect that is a very fair price - if you like em just do it if funds and space allow.

Comment

• jonnyz
      • Dec 2007

I haven't completely given up on the 805's yet but

my thinking is that to get the best performance out of the 805s it would be better to put them on stands instead of in a very cramped bookshelf. The bookshelfs in the built in on the left side are only 11 inches deep leaving an inch or so of the speaker overhanging. So, if I have to put the speakers on stands I will end up using an almost equal amount of space as the floor standers...so why not just get floor standers, thereby saving me the hassle of getting a sub if the 805s don't have the bass I want. I still love the sound but 2900 for a flawless pair of n803 is really a sweet deal...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"