X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eyedrbob
    • Jan 2008

receiver/amplifier advice

I recently purchased b&w speakers for my home theater. I own 2 804s front
    speakers with an htm3s center channel with 2 scm-s surrounds. I bought a velodyne dd 12 sub. My room is 19x19.
    I would love some advice re: the purchase of an a/v receiver/ amp to power my gear.
    I would like to keep the $$ below 4-5K. I will likely use the system 75% home theater.
    Thanks for any help
    Eyedrbob
  • DL86
    • Sep 2005

A rotel RSP-1069/1098 and RMB-1077 would be a very good match.

Comment

• angelface
      • Oct 2007

I wouldn't discount Rotel but I would also consider Audiolab or Primare.

None of these has HDMI switching or dolby digital HD decoding though.
      Cyrus CD8x --> Cyrus AVMaster 8.0 --> Cyrus Smart Power Plus --> B&W 602S3 / B&W LCR600 / Eltax bipoles

Comment

• owl1
        • Jan 2008

ARCAM AVR350 = INCREDIBLE synergy and beautiful midrange that really woke the 803S up. Caveat: only if you don't need/require HDMI Audio/switching.

Comment

• eyedrbob
          • Jan 2008

anyone have any knowledge/experience with denon av receivers? any thought with the above equipment?? thanks for help, eyedoc

Comment

• Ted
            • May 2006

For the money you are willing to spend, I'd go with Rotel any day over Denon or any of the other big store brands. If you don't want to spend as much as separates or you want a receiver look at the Rotel 1067, or even the 1057/8. You can always add a separate amp later. I have a 1057 with my B & W's (CM7s) and love it.
            Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• piperpilot
              • Jan 2008

Hi All,
              I'm new here. Just recently ran across this site and hope you don't mind me contributing from time to time.

Eyedrbob,
              I also have B&W 804S & a Velodyne DD-12 sub, and I was powering them with a Denon receiver until recently. The system sounded pretty good, but I felt like something was lacking. I upgraded to the Rotel RSP-1069 and RMB-1095 5x200 wpc amplifier, and it was a night and day difference. I thought my speakers sounded good before, but the Rotel separates really warmed up and opened up the 804's.

I'm a big home theater buff too, and this upgrade was well worth the money. I have no regrets at all. Music sounds fantastic on this system as well. In fact, I find myself listening to a lot more music now since the system sounds so much better. You can get the RSP-1069 and RMB-1095 in the price range you referenced.

Cheers,
              John

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

reciever / ampli

hallo,

Personaly I have all D power-ampli from Rotel (2xrb1092 and 1xrb1091)
                this with a 803s - rb1092 bi-wired, rb1091 center, rb1092 805s.

In Europa the RB1090 IS NOT MORE AVAILABLE!!! OUT CATALOGUE!!!!
                and the RMB1095 will be the next....

Go with a Rsp1069 and a new D ampli. But a combo rmb1075 (center, rear and event. rear back) and a RB1092 (for front) is not bad.
                all D power ampli is more balanced in sound but it is not so easy to hear.

greeting from Switzerland
                Omar

Comment

• eyedrbob
                  • Jan 2008

decided to go with rsp-1069 and rmb-1095.... any thoughts?

Comment

• wkhanna
                    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by piperpilot
                    ...In fact, I find myself listening to a lot more music now since the system sounds so much better....
                    I love it when someone says that! :T
                    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• piperpilot
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by eyedrbob
                      decided to go with rsp-1069 and rmb-1095.... any thoughts?
                      Eyedrbob, I think you will be more than pleased. I know I am with mine.

Originally posted by wkhanna
                      I love it when someone says that!
                      Thanks. My wife who typically doesn't say much about my system even commented on how much better it sounds now! Gotta love it when the "WAF" ("Wife Acceptance Factor") is high!

Comment

• eyedrbob
                        • Jan 2008

one more alternative>>>>>>>>>> any thoughts comparing the rotel rsp-1069 and rmb-1095 to the lexicon rv5- a/v??

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"