New Theatre System! Lots of advice needed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allegiance
    • Sep 2006

New Theatre System! Lots of advice needed!

Hi,

I am thinking about putting a new theatre system together. Specs are as follows:

Definitive Technology C/L/R 2002 = $1100
    Definitive Technology BP7006 = $2700
    Definitive Technology BPX = $1800
    Audiolab 8000P Stereo Power Amplifier = $1200
    Denon AVR-2807 = $1950

Total: $8750 AUD

Now what is your opinion on Definitive Technology + Audiolab? Has anyone used either of these products? I am looking for a system on a budget! PLEASE HELP!!! :B

Allegiance
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I currently own some DefTech equipment, and if you enjoy Bi-polar sound then Deftech is the way to go, especially for movies. I have not heard the Audiolab amp. The Denon is a good receiver, if you are considering movies, but not rated highly for 2 channel listening. However, one of the best things to do is to go listen and judge for yourself. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

As Azeke mentioned it should be a good movie system but IMO both companies fall a little behind with music from my experience....if music's not a priority though then it should make for a good theatre system. Otherwise as Azeke also mentioned, what matters most is what YOUR ears think so go listening to as much gear as you can!
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"