• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macdon
    • Jan 2008

Amp for 602 s3?

Happy New Year everyone!

This is my first post so hope you guys could help out a newbie :P

I recently purchased a 602s3 and looking at a 2ch integrated amp to run it for audio in a 15sqm area.
    I'm looking at the Nad C325BEE at 50wpc - do you guys think this would be enough to drive the 602 or is it better to get higher watts - like an 80-100wpc perhaps.
    Unfortunately, budget is tight so I was hoping that the Nad C325 would be ample enough for the specific area above.

TIA
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I think that "will" drive it loud enough for you...but I don't think you'd like it as much as a Rotel RB-1080 or something like that. You want a little more power running to the 602s to make them shine...plus that gives you a little more flexibility if you upgrade your speakers.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

That should be plenty of power. I've had the Rotel RA-1062 (60 watts per channel) hooked up to DM603S3's in my store before and it was fine. That NAD piece should work great with DM602S3's.

Eric

Comment

• macdon
        • Jan 2008

Thanks for the recommendation guys - appreciate it.
        The Rotel is really a great amp - unfortunately, my budget cant reach it.

Some amps that I'm scouting around that would be around the same price point:

Nad C325BEE..........50wpc
        Bada (China?).........90wpc
        Harman Kardon 3380 (receiver)........80wpc
        Cambridge Audio 540A......60wpc

The Bada amp above is the cheapest & strongest in watts from the list above, but doesnt have a remote.
        Are there any other integrated amp brands you guys can recommend in the $350-$400 range perhaps?

Thanks again!

Comment

• meltdown
          • Apr 2006

602's and amps

I have the 602's, and have enjoyed them a great deal. With that being said I have swapped out a number of middle of the road amps with them, and they all do quite well. Of course they have their own personallity, but they all seemed to sound good. I have a Rotel RB1070 that I used and it sound very musical at only 130 watts but curiousity got the best of me a I swapped it out for some vintage carvers and gas amps and they sounded excellent also. Where I noticed the big difference is when I hooked up my old Phase Linenar 400 with a Carver 4000 Pre the sound was awesome. I realize that these amps are vintage, and that they lack the appeal of the newer equipment on the market, but they are affordable, and are still tough to beat. Anyhow, I'd like to know how you make out, If you decide on the amps youve mentioned. Good luck.

Comment

• angelface
            • Oct 2007

I have the 602 S3 and I love them. I have being driving them with a Magnum IA70 which sounded good with a NAD 542 CD player especially for rock and pop.

I have just upgraded to a Cyrus CD8x and Cyrus pre/power and they sound even better.

Both amps are 70W but high current. I run them biwired although biamped would be even better. I think Rotel might be a bit bass heavy. The Cambridge amp might be a bit bit bright though and might not have enough control. NAD is a good option but
            I would consider a more powerful one if you can run to it.

Hope that helps
            Cyrus CD8x --> Cyrus AVMaster 8.0 --> Cyrus Smart Power Plus --> B&W 602S3 / B&W LCR600 / Eltax bipoles

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"