X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speed3
    • Oct 2007

DS3's or 685's

I'm replacing my Polk FXi5 Dipole/Bipole surrounds with B&W and I need some recommendations. I have 683's for fronts and a HTM61 for my center. I have heard the 685's already at work and they sound great but this was in a front stereo demonstration. Also they are pretty deep to be hanging on walls. The DS3's on the other hand I have not heard yet but they are dipole/bipole which i am used to now. The only thing is there outer appearance is not to good. Mostly all plastic. Price is a little higher also on the DS3's by a $110.00. What do you guys think?
  • Ted
    • May 2006

I have never heard the 685's, but I do own a pair of DS3's. I have not had them long, but have been very happy with them. Yes, the plastic is a little disappointing, but they aren't too bad looking, just a little plain I think (especially compared to the wood veneer speakers). Since I've not had them long, I have not played with them in monopole (they are actually dipole or monopole but not bipole) yet. I use them for HT much more than multichannel music, so I won't used them in monopole too often.

I don't know what you'd like better between the DS3 or 685, but check out the DS3's, I've been impressed.
    Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• Speed3
      • Oct 2007

Thank You for your input Ted.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"