X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comeup
    • Jul 2005

Looking for B&W 802's

I'm tired of my Kefs the sound is getting old not that they are bad speakers just getting bored and need a new sound its that time I sold my Kef ref 201's needed the money now i'm stuck with the Kef XQ series that I already had. I miss the B&W sound I still have my 600 series B&W but they are not as good as the Kefs that I have they're a few steps down. I been looking for good a quality pair of 802's used in good shape any ideas? where are some good places to look? Its funny how I get bored so fast with the same sound always changing will it ever stop?
    Blake
  • DM3000 Owner
    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by comeup
    I'm tired of my Kefs the sound is getting old not that they are bad speakers just getting bored and need a new sound its that time I sold my Kef ref 201's needed the money now i'm stuck with the Kef XQ series that I already had. I miss the B&W sound I still have my 600 series B&W but they are not as good as the Kefs that I have they're a few steps down. I been looking for good a quality pair of 802's used in good shape any ideas? where are some good places to look? Its funny how I get bored so fast with the same sound always changing will it ever stop?
    Audiogon of course:

N802:

Matrix 802's:

You can also check ebay, but the Audiogon folks are more trustworthy.

Comment

• comeup
      • Jul 2005

is there a big difference between the matrix 802 and regular 802's? and thx for your help
      Blake

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

yes, a significant difference. IMO, the matrix were great speakers, but they missed some music that the N series does very well. EX. When I would watch gladiator, you couldnt hear some of the music being played during the confrontation at the beginning of the movie, where the N series speakers bring it out and make the scene more intense IMO.
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by comeup
          is there a big difference between the matrix 802 and regular 802's? and thx for your help
          Th enewest version is teh 802D's. I didn't list any 802D's, but they seem to fetch about $9,000 on Audiogon.

Previous to that was the N802, and the Matrix before that.

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
            • Jun 2006

By the way, the N802's for $5,000 is a pretty good price. You may find a lower price if the seller is desperate, but that is very rare and they get snatched up quickly. The price may be low because of the holiday season. You should look into them.

Comment

• Pedro
              • Jan 2006

Just to reference, me and my friend have heard the 803D without burn-in and he (wich owns a pair of M802), said that the 803D sounds much more fuller, more bass response than his M802.

So thinking in this way the N802 could deliver much more bass than M802 also :T

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DM3000 Owner
                By the way, the N802's for $5,000 is a pretty good price. You may find a lower price if the seller is desperate, but that is very rare and they get snatched up quickly. The price may be low because of the holiday season. You should look into them.
                And I am still amazed at the money the N802s bring.
                B&W

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                  And I am still amazed at the money the N802s bring.
                  They were $8,000 when new, and dealers really didn't discount them very much. The more important thing is that they look almost identical to the 802D's.

Comment

• comeup
                    • Jul 2005

I can't spend no more than 5 and thats pushing it they do come in black I hope cause my system is all black, also I will be looking for a matching center I already have surrounds I hope B&W DS6 are ok for the rears. If I get maybe these will be the speakers I conclude with for a long while I hear only good things.
                    Blake

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"