X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • x43x
    • Sep 2007

ML Depth i with 704's?

Can anyone here comment on this sub if they own it, or point me in the direction of professional reviews? I've done some Google searches and haven't found much. Most of the reviews are for the older Depth, and not the i model.

I am looking for a new sub to round out my system. I did have a Sunfire True Subwoofer that is several years old, but my cats ate through both drivers! For cat protection I need either a downfiring sub, or one with a metal grill, because the cats will tear apart the fabric ones.

I've been checking out some of the subs from Hsu and SVS, but all of their "deep" subs are enormous, and I really don't have room in my condo for an endtable. From what I've read, the ML servo subs should work well with my B&W 704's and HTM7 front three. The Grotto i is really nice too, but I think I want the lower end that the Depth provides. Here is what is important to me:

1. Cat proof
    2. Bass you can feel and not hear
    3. Aesthetics (size and looks)
    4. Price

Thanks!
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Welcome to the forum x43x

I do not own the ML depth, but do own the Descent. Although they are different models they do share the same signature sound. The ML IMO compliments the B&W's, very fast, tight, and is able to do well in both home theater and stereo. I do not think that you would be disappointed with your choice, I prefered the sound and output over my B&W ASW850 and the Velodyne DD series I listened to.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Audiophiliac
      • Apr 2006

ML subs are super! Match made in heaven with the 704.

Comment

• x43x
        • Sep 2007

Hmmm...it's beginning to sound like my wallet won't be happy, but my ears will!

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by x43x

1. Cat proof
          2. Bass you can feel and not hear
          3. Aesthetics (size and looks)
          4. Price

Thanks!
          Ha ! and they laughed at me for my horticultural solution to latent moggification of the transducer.
          Attached Files
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"