• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Diamonds at Home

To all,

It's long been a goal to get the 802's. When the newest 800 series came out, all the better, with the improvements made. I'm finally in a position to do a major system upgrade. Last night I ordered the 802D's and matching HTM2D center (in Rosenut). My dealer thinks I should have them within a couple of weeks. It took a bit of effort to get WAF, but it all worked out. :T

I'm currently working with my dealer to ugrade my Rotel electronics to McIntosh.

Ultimately, I'm building an HT room in my basement (next year). I'll be putting in a projector and moving the setup downstairs.

Looking forward to the new toys.

Steve

PS Yes, I did beat the price increase (and got a nice discount as well).
    Last edited by htsteve; 29 November 2007, 14:03 Thursday.
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by htsteve
    To all,

It's long been a goal to get the 802's. When the newest 800 series came out, all the better, with the improvements made. I'm finally in a position to do a major system upgrade. Last night I ordered the 802D's and matching HTM2D center (in Rosenut). My dealer thinks I should have them within a couple of weeks. It took a bit of effort to get WAF, but it all worked out. :T

I'm currently working with my dealer to ugrade my Rotel electronics to McIntosh.

Ultimately, I'm building an HT room in my basement (next year). I'll be putting in a projector and moving the setup downstairs.

Looking forward to the new toys.

Steve

PS Yes, I did beat the price increase (and got a nice discount as well).
    congrats! since you are making this investment, are you trying out different electronics, or did you already make your mind up on Mc? At this point, you might want to just wait until after CES and see whats on the horizon.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Briz vegas
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
      congrats! since you are making this investment, are you trying out different electronics, or did you already make your mind up on Mc? At this point, you might want to just wait until after CES and see whats on the horizon.
      Ever get this feeling?
      Attached Files
      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

sikoniko,

I did try different electronics (I am upgraqding the amp and pre-amp only, sources later). Of course Rotel got a look. The salesperson I normally worked with moved to a new dealer the other side of town. The owner of that store is very willing to offer good deals. They carry Mac's, Krell and Lexicon. I looked at these (mostly Mac and Krell). I liked the performance of the Mac's the best (as did my wife, always a bonus). The Mac pre-amp (MX120) also had some scaling capability that I liked.

I did consider waiting for next year and seeing what would come out. But I decidied that there were a few factors working toward doing something now. The dealer is dealing, it's within the plan budget and I avoid any potential price increases (oh, and I really like the MAC and B&W combo :T ).

I'm definitely waiting on the projector, even though there are some nice units out there. I do want to see what next year holds in that arena.

Steve

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

They're heeeeeeere

To my surprise, the speakers came in yesterday and my dealer delivered them (the order was placed Monday). I had N804's as mains (they're now pulling rear speaker duty). Even out of the box, the 802D's are awesome. Currently, they are driven by Rotel's.

I am planning to order a McIntosh Pre-pro and amp next month. Looking forward to that. Pictures attached.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by htsteve; 29 November 2007, 16:08 Thursday.

Comment

• ShadowZA
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

Beautiful!
            Congratulations, Steve :T :T :T

Comment

• RebelMan
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

htsteve, your new babies are going to sing sweet sweet music when the McIntosh find there way to your home. You know me I am a Classe' kinda guy but compared to Rotel, the McIntosh is going to open those speakers up in much bigger and better ways. Congrats' and enjoy! :T
              "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"