X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sanogueira
    • Sep 2007

B&W 803S and Musical Fidelity TriVista Combination

Hi, I own a pair of 803S and now about to purchase 2nd hand M.Fidelity TriVista Integrated Amplifier. However I have a question mark in my head.
    The recommended output of the amplifier for 803S is 50-250 watts -8 ohms, however The output power of TriVista is 350 watts per channel @8 ohms. Now the output of the amplifier seems to be greater than the recommended levels for 803S. Does this damage the speaker or any other component?..Is this risky?..Thanks for your advices..
  • jack667
    • Jul 2007

Hi there,

As long as you don't crank it up or listen to super low frequency music very loudly you'll be fine!

Technically, you're more likely to damage a speaker playing it loud with a low wattage amplifier.

Enjoy, that MF amp is a gem
    B&W 683. Advantage S-101. Mac Mini. 53,000 tunes.

Comment

• sanogueira
      • Sep 2007

Thankyou Jack667, I will not have the chance of listening it with my 803s as the dealer does not allow me to take it home and I can not carry the speakers to the dealer..I am gonna test it with similar speakers at the dealer and if we can agree on the price (2nd hand equipment) I am gonna purchase it.I also wonder if this match up will sing in harmony. I am also thinking of second hand Macintosh MA 6900 or Krell Kav pre power but could not at with a reasonable price yet..

Comment

• Eliav
        • Jul 2005

Hi
        803s is an AMAZING speaker, I used to drive them with two Classe CAM400 monoblocks which made them shine and extracted the best out of them, they "loved" the extra power and rewarded me with sweet detailed mids/ highs and tight lows. I am sure you will enjoy your new speakers /amp !.
        Cheers
        Eliav
        :T Socrat

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"