X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

question about amp maintanence

My question is when not in use do I leave it off or should I just leave it on all the time. I know with certain electronics and some macintosh computers its good to just leave it on all the time... just curious..
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

It is good to leave your amp in standby mode when not in use, if possible. This ensures that there is basic current flowing through & internal components are warm & "ready" for use when the amp is switched on fully. Usually I only turn the amps off fully when I'm away on vacation.

One thing ... never leave amps on without being fed input. To turn on the system, follow the sequence of first turning on your source, then pre/processor, then amp. To turn off, first turn off your amp, then pre/processor and lastly your source. This should give maximum protection to your hardware.

If you have 12V triggers, use them if you can. Makes life that much easier.

Comment

• jjahshik32
      • Sep 2007

hmm.. would the source be considered my mac pro? Because I only have an integrated amp and nothing else.. also what is a 12V trigger?

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

12 volt triggers allow you to turn things on without having to touch them or use their remote. For example, if you had a Rotel CD player, preamp, and power amp that all had 12 volt triggers you could turn the preamp on and the other two components would turn on.

As far as the original question, it's up to you. I never turn my amp off because I want it to stay at operating temp all the time. With an integrated it should come up to operating temp pretty quick so it's up to you.

Eric

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"