X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlanB
    • Nov 2006

Tip for the 805S

I had a tip from the Sales Director of a large Hi Fi cable manufacturing company in the UK.
    He advised 'to wind out the spikes at the front of the stands so the speakers tilt back by about 5 degrees'. One would think that the tweeters are firing above your ears but remember that the new Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento is made to fire this way. It has been a revelation in my small (12'x11'6") room.
    The soundstage is huge and walk through, better yet more natural detail and the sound is much better balamced.
    Try it guys!!
    Beauty is in everything but not seen by everyone
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Interesting. I don't have the 805S, but I have the Nautilus 805. I'll give it a try anyways.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

That was interesting. I just tried it and listened to some music for the past 30 minutes. Well, I must note that I'm in the middle of moving, so my audio rack is half gone... amp is gone. There are boxes in the rooms getting in the way, so my audio setup is actually very limited right now. But moving on. I didn't really bother aligning them properly, etc, etc... I simply placed a single DVD case under the spikes in the front of the speaker stand. Sure enough, it does work. There is some good and bad, but the bad may be because of my current setup.

With the slight angle, the soundstage became very spacious. Everything widen and became clearer to where it was coming from. However, the whole soundstage also seemed to drop a few feet in front of me, as oppose to have the soundstage come right up to me with the speakers leveled. I played back and forth, and having the speakers angled do create a very spacious effect. I will have to play with this once I move to see if that drop had to do with my room's conditions, or this trick.

Thanks Alan.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"