X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindless Drone
    • Jun 2007

Advice on some rear speakers.

I currently have a pair of CDM1 SE's and and CDMC SE. For my rear speakers I have a pair of B&W 500's and a pair of M&K's. I am moving and going to be redoing my theater a bit and I would like to get a full set of rear speakers. What are some good rears for CDM's when money is an issue? I am looking for something very small if I could too. I have an older pair of Rock Solids I have not tried, or I was thinking of LM1's or 601's. I would just like some good feedback. I know in a perfect world I would have CDM1's all the way around but with four more of those hainging they would take up too much wall space, and ceiling space. I want something compact that sounds good, and works well with my CDM1's.
  • Mindless Drone
    • Jun 2007

No one has anything, is this to general of a question?

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
      • May 2004

Hi Drone,
      You never mentioned if you were using your speakers for HT, music or both. I had a full CDM'NT system with the CDM1NT's for rears. I fond that for movies and games, the rear speakers are not that important to match perfectly with the fronts. As long as they are decent you may be happy. I used some Polk surrounds with my B&W's before I upgraded and it was fine. For multichannel music, identicle speakers are ideal. Try the speakers you have, it may work in your room well.
      Steel

Comment

• Mindless Drone
        • Jun 2007

Sorry yeah it is for home theater. I may just get LM1's in the rear.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

DM600S3's or DM601S3's will be a better match with CDM1SE's than the LM1. Mounting is very easy with the LM1 and DM600S3 if the speakers are going on a wall and the LM1 will allow you to aim it. I would go for the 600 Series speakers before the LM1.

Eric

Comment

• Aven
            • Sep 2005

What about ceiling mounts....

Have you thought about in ceilings???

Comment

• linuxtx
              • Apr 2007

FWIW I use the LM-1 as surrounds for my setup with Nautilus 804/HTM-2 as the front sound stage. Now I certainly care about 2 ch music much more than surround movies, but I do watch a good number of movies on this system and I don't feel like I am missing much. Now, if you listen to much multichannel music, I would opt for something a bit better, but for movies they seem fine.

Comment

• Mindless Drone
                • Jun 2007

How does the S3 600 series compare to the CMD series? I was thinking about chaning out my 1NT for 9NT's at some point, but wondering if I went full 600 series s3's if I would be giving up something. I would get 603's up front.

I do have a pair of DM 550's that I have been using, I may just try to find another pair of those too for the 4 rear's. All I know is I have moved up from 300's to 600's to CMD's over the years and I will never own another speaker than B&W

Comment

• hifiguymi
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2007

The CDM Series is a better speaker than the 600 Series 3. The CDM's are more open and have a sweeter top end. The midrange is also more detailed in the CDM's. The new 600 Series (being called the six-eight series by B&W) may be better than the CDM's so you should give them a listen.

Eric

Comment

• KRC
                    • Aug 2004

I run 600 series 3 and think they are fantastic, easy to mount to the wall with the included bracket. Not that heavy or intrusive and the best part is they could be turned into a two channel system down the road if upgrading.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"