Mister Doggy Do, Glenee Follow. MC501's On the way.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenee
    • Aug 2006

Mister Doggy Do, Glenee Follow. MC501's On the way.

Did I say that I was liking this McIntosh Equipment. I have had the MX135 for about 2 days. I went and bought a MVP-861 that I had to take back. I took a MCD201 CDP man that thing is really good canceled the 861 MVP and stayed with the MCD-201. Then I posted a thread on the difference between good and really good AMP's. Thank you so much for all the input. Today I purchased 2 McIntosh 501 Monoblocks to put on my B&W 802D's. Should have just looked at Mister Doggie's stuff and said I'll have the same. Know I have been told on this forum to use the 4ohm taps on the 501 for the 802'S is this correct ? Will be here in about TWO weeks. Thanks again everybody. Haven't felt this good about a purchase in along time.
    Glenee :T
  • jack d
    • Sep 2006

I think there is no comparison, the 4 ohm taps are much better. In any case, it's easy enough to test out for yourself once you get the 501s in place.

Comment

• Amarkus1
      • Jun 2005

I just received my 501's last week. I am beginning to really appreciate them and the way they make the 802d's sing. I must admit at first I was a little underwhelmed, but I think because I was coming from a Krell amp. Because of Krells brightness, the 501's almost seemed dull and too relaxed. But with extensive listening (without fatigue.....a nice change) and the amps breaking in they are now starting to sound very sweet. The sound stage is awesome and the minute details are incredible.

I prefer the 8 ohm taps as they seem to open and add more energy to the mid and highs. Also I find the sound stage seems much broader and more open. But I am still experimenting so my opinion could change. Jack or anyone else, why did you choose the 4 ohm taps?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"