• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Center ??

Hallo,

I have a system speakers B&W 803S main - Htm7 - 703 rear - 750subwoofer.
    (electronics Rotel Rsp1068-Rb1092-Rmb1075->1077)

I want change the center:
    HTM4s can be one solution but I search a little center (like XTC. CMC??) or
    another factory.

But I think a differnt factory center don't macht with the 803S or?

Every opinion will be appreciate.
    Greetings from Switzerland.
    Omar
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The HTM3S is the one you should get. It has the same FST midrange as the 803S, the same tweeter and similar (just different size) woofers. If it is too big then the HTM4S would be the next best choice.

Eric

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

I agree that the HTM3S is the best choice for a center, but, you could also look at a Nautilus HTM1 as it is very close. I think they also made an HTM1S, or a newer/later version of the Nautilus HTM1 that you might be able to find used.

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

center

Hi,

The Htm3s will be the best solution nothing to say.
        I sear a center with the possibility to be integred "in a box" , the tweeter is the problem (for placing suer bot for the sound quality!! - Is find the htm7
        too big, therefore htm3s....

Htm4s and Htm7 (in my posses): brouchore from htm4s is 88db and htm7 90db
        = don't pay so expensive center (htm4s) with a performance "at the level" from htm7 or?!
        Dynaudio don't macht with the 803S?
        Omar

Comment

• Miroku
          • Jul 2004

Not sure I understand. Get an HTM3S :T

Comment

• WI Rotel
            • Jul 2006

You should go for the the HTM since they will have the same tonal signature as the 803. The XTC sounds great but will be different in "character".

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

center

WI Rotel You should go for the the HTM since they will have the same tonal signature as the 803. The XTC sounds great but will be different in "character".
              WI ROTEL: This is the problem. Center, left and right would have to be of the same "familia will be all of the same "family"
              I searcha center for one rack
              I search a center for a rack where the tweeter of series 8 (htm4s or htm3s) they are a problem. (htm3 space / htm4 I cannot integrate it in the place as I want).
              A center like Xtc, CMc is more simple to be integrate in a place ( even in the wall !!) or rack with a place for the tweeter.
              if the price to pay is to sacrifice space and look for better sound (what more important) not other possibilities are many .
              I hope you understand what I want say...
              Greeting from witzerland Omar

Comment

• ShadowZA
                Super Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

Style, it is never easy. That is what this hobby is all about. To try to obtain the best sound possible with the minimum amount of compromise.

If sound is the most important factor to you, then my opinion would be to go for the HTM3S. This centre speaker is the perfect match to the 803S's.

I'm using the HTM2D which rests on the rack between my two 803D's. Soundwise, it would be better for me not to utilise a rack, but rather stands ... so as to not clutter up the soundstage. But ... I'm satisfied for now.

If you can ... and one understands that this is not always easy nor practical to do ... try to listen to a similar setup before parting with your cash. This should help to boost your confidence before buying.

Good luck

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

Hi ShadowZA,

up the paper the Htm7 and the Htm4s are not so different.Or?
                  I don't have never smell the htm4s and the htm3s too.

The Htm4s will be better as the Htm7 but don't have the FTS tech..
                  The best solution Htm3s (in Switzerland much expensive!)

Buy the Htm4s or waiting for the Htm3s?

I want replace my Rmb1075 with the Rmb1077 (I drive the 803S with the RB1092) : with the 1077 the Htm3S "run" ?

What do you think?
                  Thank's Omar

Comment

• ShadowZA
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jan 2006

Omar, here's what the B&W site says about the HTM3S:

The HTM3S is the larger of the two centre speakers that feature our improved aluminium dome tweeter. The HTM3S also features two 165mm (6.5 in) Rohacell® cone bass drivers in a symmetrical arrangement with a central Kevlar® cone FST™ midrange driver.

Centre speakers are of huge importance in home theatre installations. They should be well voice matched to the left and right speakers to ensure consistency of sounds panning across the stage and should exhibit great clarity and detail for that crucial task of reproducing speech. The HTM3S amply fulfils these requirements when partnered with either the 803S or 804S at front left and right, by using a similar complement of drive units and the same quality approach to crossover design.

The HTM3S can be mounted on a shelf or the purpose designed FS-HTM floor stand.

I am the sort of person who would rather wait a reasonable time period and end up with a piece of electronic hardware of personal preference. My experience in acquiring the DD-15 sub may be of encouragement to you in this regard. For various reasons the time lag between my placing an order to actual acquisition of the sub took 5 months. This did not bother me. I could have settled on the DD-12 ... but my mind was made up. Of course, when the DD-15 landed, I was up to my eyeballs in ecstacy.

It is your choice. Choose wisely & responsibly & you'll reap the benefits.

Regarding amplification: I have no experience of the Rotel RMB 1077. You might want to pop over to the Rotel section of the forum and do a search there. I think a lot has been said there about this amp.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"