X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akhter
    • Jun 2005

B&W Dealers in Tokyo?

Just moved to Tokyo from NYC. B&W website only lists there distributer, and no dealers. I struggled a bit with the operator on the distributer's listed phone number (no English). Does anyone know a good B&W dealer in Tokyo? I live in Shinagawa.
  • sarsi
    • Nov 2004

I was in Tokyo back in early January found quite a few B&W dealers in Akihabara area, I my memory did not fail me, I think I saw them selling in Sound 110, Dynamic Audio and even in the big electronic departmental store Yodobashi.

Sorry, cannot related the actual street name I don't read Japanese. But if you walk around the area in Akihabara nearer to the river side (before and not crossing over the other side) you will spot quite a few Hifi stores.

Comment

• lobato
      • Jun 2006

The large Yodobashi Camera near JR Akihabara station carries B&W. I actually got mine from Bic Camera right outside JR Shinjuku station. Both of those are on the Yamanote line so it'd be very easy for you to visit. But ultimately, most of the big electronics dealers carry them.

There are also many online dealers that carry them at cheaper prices. The two sites below compare prices from various dealers. Pick on the speaker you want and a few sites with their prices will come up.

coneco.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, coneco.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Good luck! :T

Comment

• WI Rotel
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by lobato
        The large Yodobashi Camera near JR Akihabara station carries B&W. I actually got mine from Bic Camera right outside JR Shinjuku station. Both of those are on the Yamanote line so it'd be very easy for you to visit. But ultimately, most of the big electronics dealers carry them.

There are also many online dealers that carry them at cheaper prices. The two sites below compare prices from various dealers. Pick on the speaker you want and a few sites with their prices will come up.

coneco.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, coneco.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Good luck! :T
        That is interesting since BW doesn't do internet sales elswhere.

Comment

• sarsi
          • Nov 2004

I find Japan has a very unique consumer market from anywhere else, for example Supra Sword come only in minimum length of 3M pair and I understand there is a reason for doing so in one article I read. However, you can find a 2M Supra original factory terminated pair selling in lot of shops in Japan ????

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Yodobashi carries B&W, but only up to the 700 and CM series. No 800 series.

Yes, there are a few stores in Akihabara that carry B&W. Which one is the best? I don't know. I haven't been up there since January of '06. Just remember that you can bargain. :T
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• sarsi
              • Nov 2004

Yes, most of the stores can bargain a little, but if you wants to buy from Yodobashi then go to the customer service apply for their Yodobashi card before purchasing, take you less than 5 minutes to fill out a form. With the Yodobashi card you will get 10% rebate into your card on any purchase, and you can used it for your next purchase.

Comment

• fatcat
                • Feb 2005

Go to Dynamic Audio near Akihabara. They have an astounding collection of high-end equipment, including the full range of B&W. The showroom alone is worth the visit. Make sure you go to their main 8-story store, not their second-hand store across the street.

Comment

• fatcat
                  • Feb 2005

PS -- be sure to bargain. Even in Japan, you can. I negotiated 25% off some new equipment, but it depends greatly on the model. 800s will certainly be less negotiable.

Comment

• sam500
                    • Jan 2007

I'd recommend Dynamic Audio too. I recently bought some CM1's from them - good price / service.

This is a nice second-hand dealer in the Nishi-Azabu area:

東京都千代田区神保町のオーディオ専門店。全国通販対応。買取も無料で査定します。新製品から往年の名器、アナログ、CD、ファイル再生等幅広く対応。店頭でゆっくりと試聴も可能。

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"