X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Ice Station Zebra now on blu-ray

This great action adventure film stars Rock Hudson, Patrick McGoohan and Ernest Borgnine. It's based on a novel by Alistair MacLean and directed by John Sturges.

Ice Station Zebra sits at the top of the world. Originally a weather station it is now the center of international intrigue and guards a secret that could change the balance of world power forever. America's only hope lies with the nuclear sub Tigerfish, who must get to Ice Station Zebra before the Russians.

Rock Hudson stars as the sub commander, McGoohan is the top British spy in charge of the expedition and Borgnine is the Russian defector on board as assistant to McGoohan. This is 2 and 1/2 hours of action and suspense. If you have never seen it, you are missing a winner.

I saw this twice when it was released in the theater back in 1968 and only had it on laserdisc. Unfortunately the disc developed laser rot so I hadn't seen it for some time until now. The picture quality on blu is fabulous and even the audio is good considering the age of the film. I am so happy to have this back in my collection again. :T :T :T :T
    My Homepage!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Added to netflix queue. Thanks, George!
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

You'll like this one, Chris. :T
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I'm sure I will when I get to it in 10 years. (my Netflix queue is huuuuuuuge)
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D
          I'm sure I will when I get to it in 10 years. (my Netflix queue is huuuuuuuge)
          OMG :E
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I just checked. 514 movies in my queue. I think my plan has 3 movies a month, so that's 171 months. (14+ years) But I also cross movies off the list from catching them on TV or whatever, so that speeds up the process.

... but then of course I keep adding movie that are made or find out about, just like this thread, so the queue never really drops down.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"