X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msgtrlsmith
    • Apr 2007

Speaker Posts

Help from an experienced B&W owner - how do I remove those little plastic plugs in the middle of the speakers posts on the 804s? They are currently preventing me from connecting speaker wires that make use of banana plugs.

Cheers
  • sarsi
    • Nov 2004

I presume yours is a white or gray plastic stick form that is sticking out of the WBT plug. You can remove it by pulling it off, however, if it is too far into the center of the connector, I usually fish it out using a pin or safety pin. Alternatively, unscrew the WBT to max exposing the hole where you insert your bare wire and use the the pin to push it out to through the center via the hole millimeter at a time. Hope it is what you are trying to do and the info help

btw, save those plastic they are dust cover for the hole if someday you decided to switch to spade connectors.
    Last edited by sarsi; 12 April 2007, 10:19 Thursday.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by msgtrlsmith
      Help from an experienced B&W owner - how do I remove those little plastic plugs in the middle of the speakers posts on the 804s? They are currently preventing me from connecting speaker wires that make use of banana plugs.

Cheers
      If sarsi's method doesn't work, I have used a small screw and screwed it into the plug. Once it's in the plastic, just pull it out.

Eric

Comment

• KEF
        • Aug 2004

Cheers
        Just take a Leatherman or a pair of needle nose pliers and pull them straight out.

There are two Red and two Black per speaker and save them in a place you won't loose them in case you ever sell the speakers.

Regards,
        Keith
        Last edited by KEF; 12 April 2007, 12:59 Thursday.

Comment

• msgtrlsmith
          • Apr 2007

Gentlemen

Thank you all for your advice/tips/tricks - I now have several methods from which to choose - and choices are always good.

A grateful B&W owner

Comment

• Ted
            • May 2006

Gentlemen

Thank you all for your advice/tips/tricks - I now have several methods from which to choose - and choices are always good.

A grateful B&W owner
            You can always take your drill and just drill them out too, just be careful about it :W . You might be better off with one of the other methods however.

I love the Plano area. My brother and sister both live in Carrollton.

Good luck with the plugs!
            Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• sarsi
              • Nov 2004

I hope Ted is just kidding, NO NO for drill you may crack the protective plastic around the WBT connector.

Comment

• ChrisssB
                • Feb 2006

Well respected owners used the teeth method!!!
                No kidding LOL :-)

The advantage of this method is obvious but the risk is to be seen by the other half while lying on the floor & having the lower back parts of your speaker in your mouth! rotfl :-)

PS I just noticed this is my 69th post!!!

Comment

• nicky
                  • Jan 2007

All you have to do is insert a thin razor blade inbetween where the plastic cover lays on the post and push up...ie pop off the plastic. It should take about 2 seconds. The plastic isn't wedged in there so it's not hard to take off.

Comment

• msgtrlsmith
                    • Apr 2007

It's amazing how four little harmless, plastic plugs can generate so many varied methods of removal - I thank you one and all for each of them - we'll have a go at a few this weekend - although I appreciate your suggestion ChrisssB, the "dental extraction" method shall go untested by me - no sense in risking eviscerating my 804s . . .

Comment

• Ted
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by sarsi
                      I hope Ted is just kidding, NO NO for drill you may crack the protective plastic around the WBT connector.
                      Kidding? How could a power drill ever hurt a speaker!? No, I can't really recommend using your power drill. But wait...

Originally posted by ChrisssB
                      Well respected owners used the teeth method!!!
                      No kidding LOL :-)

The advantage of this method is obvious but the risk is to be seen by the other half while lying on the floor & having the lower back parts of your speaker in your mouth! rotfl :-)
                      Okay, no, don't use your teeth either, I'm a dentist so I think this is a really bad method. However, the idea of someone laying on the floor with their mouth wrapped around the speaker terminals and someone walking in and seeing them has got me just cracking up, I love it!! :rofl:

So how about we combine the two and use a dental drill? Sure, just call your dentist up, ask if you can borrow his or her high speed drill, load up your 804s in the car and use the dental drill, it is small and I'm sure your dentist won't mind, just tell them I said it would be okay. Trust me :W
                      Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"