X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarkZ
    • Mar 2007

Wire relocation question

Hello guys,

Just wanted to ask you experts if its a better way to have the power wire and speaker wires mounted away from each other, my audio stores suggest me do not zip tie them all together because it might have interference from each other. any suggestions?
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DarkZ
    Hello guys,

Just wanted to ask you experts if its a better way to have the power wire and speaker wires mounted away from each other, my audio stores suggest me do not zip tie them all together because it might have interference from each other. any suggestions?

i would say its best to keep them apart.

Comment

• caleb
      • Aug 2004

Even more important is to keep all your interconnect cable away from the power - espescially the sub woofer cable.

Comment

• nicky
        • Jan 2007

Although audio cables are somewhat shielded, it is never ideal to have audio or video cables run next to power cables.

At least 6 inches of space inbetween is usually recommended if power and audio/video cables are run in parallel. But if this can not be avoided, the audio or video cables should be crossed and run with power cables perpendicularly never parallel.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

I agree with all of the above, keep them apart. Although some cables are very well shielded there is no use taking the chance.

Eric

Comment

• DarkZ
            • Mar 2007

thanks for all the advise guys =). thank god I have done the seperation job. hah

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"