X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tran_tuan_duc
    • Apr 2006

Mc Intosh MA 6900 vs B&W 804s

hi everyone,would you pls give me some opinions about this amp and speakers,are they suitable to drive together? if not can you pls offer me some recommendations?
    Thanks
  • Tommy
    • Dec 2006

I believe the MA 6900 is rated at 200W per channel so it should run your 804s very well. I run my N804 using 10 years old Luxman 100W stereo amp and they sound fine.
    Besides, you can always upgrade to a separate amp and use the preamp section in the 6900 in the future.

Comment

• tran_tuan_duc
      • Apr 2006

ok,thank you so much TOMMY,It is said that the N804 is more difficult to drive than the new 804s,isn't it?

Comment

• scanido
        • Apr 2006

MA6900 would be an ideal solution with those 804S and the sound would be amazing! Unless you want to go with seperates, which IMHO you'd have to go for the MC402 to get appreciable gains over the MA6900, I think you have a winning combination!

I'm contemplating a 5.1 McIntosh setup one day and the synergy with B&W is incredible.

Comment

• tran_tuan_duc
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by scanido
          MA6900 would be an ideal solution with those 804S and the sound would be amazing! Unless you want to go with seperates, which IMHO you'd have to go for the MC402 to get appreciable gains over the MA6900, I think you have a winning combination!

I'm contemplating a 5.1 McIntosh setup one day and the synergy with B&W is incredible.
          thank you so much Scanido,I've try out the pre-power passlab X150.5 but I was disappointed,the sound was bright and not as smooth as the Mc MA 6900,before I bought the Mc Intosh MA 6900,I used to drive my 804s with the Accuphase E 408,but when I've auditioned the 6900,I decided to replaced accuphase with the 6900.

Comment

• Tommy
            • Dec 2006

Hi tran_tuan_duc, you're right, N804 is rated at 89db senssitivity whereas 804S is at 90db. So theoretically, your 804s is easier to drive. I don't think you can go wrong with the 6900.

Comment

• scanido
              • Apr 2006

Any pics tran_tuan_duc?

I'm curious to know how the MA6900 looks in real life as my dealer does not have one.

Comment

• tran_tuan_duc
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by scanido
                Any pics tran_tuan_duc?

I'm curious to know how the MA6900 looks in real life as my dealer does not have one.
                hi,scanido this is the link of MA 6900,u can get more detail from here http://www.who-sells-it.com/images/catalogs/1500/pdf_5970.pdf

I use a marantz SA11S1,it's a SACD player,has anyone used it and give me an review pls,is it ok? Thanks.
                Regards,

Comment

• jim777
                  • Mar 2005

The MA6900 and 804S is a *great* match. I have a MA6500 and 703's and I'm very happy with my system = great synergy!

Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"