Is Rotel RSX-1058, 75W, enough power for B&W804s?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gpo344
    • Feb 2007

Is Rotel RSX-1058, 75W, enough power for B&W804s?

I am about to purchase B&W 804s, with HTM4S, ASW 750, and 705 speakers for home theater, and stereo system. I am considering the new Rotel RSX-1058 receiver which is about to be released next month. It only has 75 watts per channel. Is that enough power for the 804S speakers?
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Yes and no !

Yes becuase - The B&W 704s were designed to be easy to drive by recievers and the Rotel is a great receiver for sound quality and will drive them effortlessly...

No becuase - Becuase a separate Amp will generally make the 704s give of their best... And too much power is never enough

However most people are happy to start with a reciever combinaiton (like the Rotel) and then if the urge (and money) hits them later you can add separate amps (like the RMB-1077) using the reciever and a pre-pro for further improvement...

Enjoy!

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Aussie Geoff, I think the question related to 804 speakers, not 704s.

Nigel.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

I used a RB-1070 (130 X2) to drive my N804. I felt that was not enough power to do them justic so I stepped up to the RB-1092 - nirvana now, serenity now.

Comment

• scanido
          • Apr 2006

Currently i'm driving my 803S with an RSX-1057 and find it adequate up to around 65-68 on the volume. This is plenty loud for me as the SPL can peak at about 90-95db in 2CH!!!

Ideally this is not best based on the consensus of any audiophile and this line of speakers deserve external amplification.

I would say an RB-1080 would be the minimum in place of a receiver. RB-1070 would no t be worth the upgrade IMHO.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"