• Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

B&W sub (750) plus Velodyne SMS ??

Hey,

Litle question:
    Have your a SMS gear whit a B&W tryed???
    Do you think that a person with a B&W sub (i have 750) is resonale buy a SMS or not?

thank's Omar
  • Aldo
    • Sep 2005

I bought one from Amazon to use with my N800, I have to say that its the worst aquipment I ever bough!
    Fisrt the front panel LCD does not display anything! I used the TV interfece to make the adjustments and I almost blow my speakers, the manual is one of the worst I ever read!
    It has several outputs but if you use by accident the wrong output it send the full volume bass signal to the main speakers, when that happend I was almost shure I blew my speakers and woofers but thank GOD I didn't!
    I really do not like it!

Comment

• Ted
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Aldo
      I bought one from Amazon to use with my N800, I have to say that its the worst aquipment I ever bough!
      Fisrt the front panel LCD does not display anything! I used the TV interfece to make the adjustments and I almost blow my speakers, the manual is one of the worst I ever read!
      It has several outputs but if you use by accident the wrong output it send the full volume bass signal to the main speakers, when that happend I was almost shure I blew my speakers and woofers but thank GOD I didn't!
      I really do not like it!
      You have to take this all with a grain of salt, have you ever seen Aldo's setup? I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about! :W

Aldo, just kidding, I couldn't resist poking a little fun at the man who has everything!!

Omar,
      Sorry I stole your thread at Aldo's expense, sorry I have no experience with SMS, but in all seriousness, I'd listen to Aldo.
      Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

I have two SMS-1s and use them in two different systems (plus other equipment swaps) and never had any problems with connections, setup and/or use. They work.

Of course, I didn't read the manual. :W

Kal
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Aldo
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
          I have two SMS-1s and use them in two different systems (plus other equipment swaps) and never had any problems with connections, setup and/or use. They work.

Of course, I didn't read the manual. :W

Kal
          I'm shure there are many of you who are very happy with the SMS, I'm very happy for you!
          For me it does not work! But that does not mean it will not work for everyone, sorry if I sound :M !

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

sms & sub B&W

@ Aldo,

i'm in accorrd with you (bass from speaker) but do you have more from 2 B&W800 serie sub.
            Sorry but i don't understand for what do you use the sub if the bass come from the speakers?

Greeting from Switzerland.
            Omar

Comment

• Aldo
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by style
              @ Aldo,

i'm in accorrd with you (bass from speaker) but do you have more from 2 B&W800 serie sub.
              Sorry but i don't understand for what do you use the sub if the bass come from the speakers?

Greeting from Switzerland.
              Omar
              The SMS-1 is not a subwoofer is a Room acoustic correction device!
              I do like the extra bass a sub can give you, the topic here is about how the SMS-1 works, for many here it works great but I didn't like it! :B

Comment

• RoyG
                • Mar 2007

I have had my SMS-1 of about a week now. I had no problems with the setup and really like it. It helped me tame a wicked 70-80Hz hump in my room, much easier than getting wife approvial for room treatment . I also like that I can have presets for flat bass for music and add a little boost for movies. For help check out " The Outlaw's guide to the SMS-1" at

Roy

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"