X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chronic333
    • Mar 2007

Nautilus tweeter pricing?

Hi all, was just wondering if anyone knew the price on the nautilus tweeters. Seems that someone stuck their fingers in 2 of my speakers and ruined the tweeters on them.

I stopped by the local dealer and they told me some rediculous price of $500 each, but they werent sure and had to call the b&w who didnt answer. They ended up not calling me back either. I would go to my dealer but thats 1400 miles away.

BTW, they are N805 and an HTM2.

Thankssss
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Those tweeters run $99 ea to replace.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Jorgitox
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by chronic333
      Hi all, was just wondering if anyone knew the price on the nautilus tweeters. Seems that someone stuck their fingers in 2 of my speakers and ruined the tweeters on them.

I stopped by the local dealer and they told me some rediculous price of $500 each, but they werent sure and had to call the b&w who didnt answer. They ended up not calling me back either. I would go to my dealer but thats 1400 miles away.

BTW, they are N805 and an HTM2.

Thankssss
      Nautilus spares are easy to find here in Spain, because at least 2 friends of mine have bought some units in case to be needed in the future. I do not remember the exact prices, but $500 each is nonsense for sure.

I have asked the spanish distributor for Matrix 801 S3 spares and the prices are very, very high. Here are the amounts for units:

1. Tweeter: €160/each.
      2. Mid: I do not know exactly, but about tweeter's asking price.
      3. Crossovers (two pieces in S3 version): €200/both
      4. Woofer: ¡¡€500!!

... Plus taxes.

I have seen in the American eBay site (not now, but months ago), some tweeters for sell from the Nautilus range, for about $120/each.
      Best regards,

Jorgitox.

Comment

• chronic333
        • Mar 2007

Thank you very much,,, I'll just have to find another way of purchasing them. Maybe straigth through b&w....

Comment

• scanido
          • Apr 2006

Interesting approach.

I think it makes sense to have a spare parts inventory just in case later down the road - 15,20,25 years you'll need to replace a worn out or god forbid a blown part. Of course, this is if your interntion is to keep these speakers that long.

I would think the following would be handy to have:

- Tweeter
          - Crossover
          - Midrange FST unit?
          - Driver unit?

If you had to have a spare parts list what parts do you think you would need for replacement? Does it make sense to have every possible part except of course the cabinet for assurance?

Comment

• Cambs12
            • Jul 2006

If you love the speakers,and see yourself keeping them longterm,it is a great idea to get say one set of replacement drivers.Particularly tweeters,if you have young kids likely to push them in!

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2006

What's the price for the diamond tweeter?

Would it be possible to upgrade 805S with diamond tweeters? Would there be any improvement without modifying the crossover, would the crossover need to be modified?

Any difference between the 803S and the 803D HF section?

Comment

• RobP
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

The diamond tweeter is $1k to replace, and you would not want to try to use them on a speaker that was not designed to use them, B&W has no upgrade options to do so.
                Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Yea tweets are easy and cheap for the N.
                  I just replaced the woofer in my N802, $199, took 10 mins to do. (the adheasive on the surround came off, I will keep it for backup)

I guess the mid is a bit more complex.
                  B&W

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"