803 Matrix series 2... How are they today?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonigogo
    • Mar 2007

803 Matrix series 2... How are they today?

Hi,
    First, I'm not brilliant in english, so there may be som wrong spelling here :roll:

I have the chance to bay a pair of 10 years-old 803 Matrix Series 2, and wondering how are they today compared with todays speakers like 603s3 and 604s3. I want to upgrad from my 602, and at first I was thinking about a new pair in the 600-series, but when this 803-deal come up, I'm not so sure anymore... The problem is that I have not the chance to listen to them, cos they are a long way from where I live.

Help me with some comments please...
  • dknightd
    • Mar 2006

Based only on memory, and not having heard them side by side, I think
    10 years-old 803 Matrix Series 2 is better than either 603s3 or 604s3.
    As long as they were in decent shape, and the price was reasonable, I'd go with them.
    I'd guess a fair price on 10 year old 803 matrix s2 would be about the same as the price on brand new 603s3. The 803 will sound better, the 603 will be new and have a warranty.

Comment

• gonigogo
      • Mar 2007

Thanks dknightd,
      The price is just as you said, in the new 603-area(approx 1100$ in Norway)

More comments is welcome, and I would like to add another one: I have a Rotel RB985 mkII in my 5.1 system. Would this be enought for the 803, or do I need more power?

Comment

• Jorgitox
        • Feb 2007

Matrix 803S2 are far better than any from 600's, CDMS's and today's 700's ranges. Nowadays, they still are magical performers. I will not change them for nothing under the Nautilus 803. Keep them but if not, we could make a deal (in case you were able for shipping them to Spain).

Best regards and never forget that you got a marvellous pair!
        Best regards,

Jorgitox.

Comment

• Fife
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jorgitox
          Matrix 803S2 are far better than any from 600's, CDMS's and today's 700's ranges. Nowadays, they still are magical performers. I will not change them for nothing under the Nautilus 803.
          Exactly what I would have said

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"