X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

which surround speakers?

Looks like i'm finally going to be able to upgrade my current surrounds to compliment my 603s3's and lcr600.My question is i have 2 options the 600s3's or ds6.Would appreciate any insight which would be the better option.I'm using a rotel rsx1056 as well as a denon 2200 sacd/dvda and tosh hda1.thanks
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

Well, I have both, and I prefer the DS6 in dipole mode. Of course, some people aren't happy with the dipole sound, so it's definitely a preferential thing, and the room can make a difference as well.

Note, that the nice thing about the DS6 is that you can switch to mono mode for 5.1 music, turning the DS6 into a sealed version of the 600s3. Of course, the 600s3 is much cheaper... so you might consider possibly going 601s3 vs DS6s3.... With the 601's being much better for music than the DS6... but IMO, the DS6 wins for the surround factor in dipole mode.

Comment

• Ted
      • May 2006

:agree:

I like the flexibility the DS6 can give you.
      Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• KRC
        • Aug 2004

I went with the 600 S3 because I am going to build a second stereo only system and a system for my son, so I looked at it as a good opportunity for the upgrade path, as I get better surrounds, I move the replaced one to one of the other areas mentioned as I assume the trade in value for this product that isa a few years old would be fairly low so it is easier to build other systems, IMO!

kevin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"