X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by alebonau
    don't be crazy ! I have the SCD XA 9000es myself and reckon youd be nuts to replace the 777es. a beautiful player and brilliant with analog outs doesn't matter it doesn't have hdmi. its with its analog outs that its a gem
    The SCD XA 900ES has iLink which keep everything in the digital domain. The 777ES doesn't have any digital out except for coax. I am looking to get all digital rather than analogue Plus I wanted to move the 777ES in an other room with my old RDC-7
    Last edited by wettou; 02 July 2008, 18:59 Wednesday.
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

more pictures to come.. i've been tiling when at home and haven't had a chance to upload anything.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Attached Files

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

sikoniko the pictures are very blurry so I am not sure they are taht usefull, RebelMan has great pictures on page one so it might no be necessary for you to go through that trouble!!
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Linki
            • Aug 2007

Ok 3 more HDMI inputs I am with you on that, but

THX ? why would you need that? The system performs easily to that standard. I personally don't really care about certificates as long as the system performs. And remember Abbey road studios (Star wars, Lord of the rings, etc...) uses B&W 800D which are not THX certified to create soundtracks.

Lyngdorf EQ, I think you will get a long way with the 5 level of parametric EQ per channel.

New codec are possible with a free hardware upgrade.... be patience.

Comment

• alebonau
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
              Sure. As long as you have analog ins to connect them to. :W

Kal
              hehe you really have broken away from the shackles of analog and gone all digital havent you kal !

Originally posted by wettou
              The SCD XA 900ES has iLink which keep everything in the digital domain. The 777ES doesn't have any digital out except for coax. I am looking to get all digital rather than analogue Plus I wanted to move the 777ES in an other room with my old RDC-7
              atleast your not selling it !. so not so much of a shame ! hehe.

I actually only use my 9000es via analog through my 2ch system for sacd. and a superb player it is for that have found. the dac implementation, power supplies and analog output stage is probably one of the best I've ever seen on a player. can jsut imagine the 777es being a fine player that it is doing wonderfull things over analog as well. whatever you end up getting for your main system wettou do give the 777es a go through it you might just be plesantly suprised !

Originally posted by Linki
              Ok 3 more HDMI inputs I am with you on that, but

THX ? why would you need that? The system performs easily to that standard. I personally don't really care about certificates as long as the system performs. And remember Abbey road studios (Star wars, Lord of the rings, etc...) uses B&W 800D which are not THX certified to create soundtracks.

Lyngdorf EQ, I think you will get a long way with the 5 level of parametric EQ per channel.

New codec are possible with a free hardware upgrade.... be patience.
              I couldnt really care less about abbey road studios either. however recently made the wonderfull discovery of trying THX+PLIIx and THX ultra2 post processing for digital TV 2.0 pcm, DD2.0 and DD5.1 signal and found it to give excellent 7.1 surround field and ambience making for a more engaging TV viewing experience.

on another forum members suggestion also decided to try thx ultra 2 post processing on a DTS-HDMA 5.1 sound track on the Ronin Blu-ray and found that to add very nicely for rear speaker info for 7.1 speaker output.

definitely now value THX processing thats for sure, but do have a surround setup with surrounds as per THX arrangement and THX ultra2 sub in the velo DD15 so perhaps more benefit to me than some others
              "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• sikoniko
                Super Senior Member
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by alebonau
                I couldnt really care less about abbey road studios either. however recently made the wonderfull discovery of trying THX+PLIIx and THX ultra2 post processing for digital TV 2.0 pcm, DD2.0 and DD5.1 signal and found it to give excellent 7.1 surround field and ambience making for a more engaging TV viewing experience.

on another forum members suggestion also decided to try thx ultra 2 post processing on a DTS-HDMA 5.1 sound track on the Ronin Blu-ray and found that to add very nicely for rear speaker info for 7.1 speaker output.

definitely now value THX processing thats for sure, but do have a surround setup with surrounds as per THX arrangement and THX ultra2 sub in the velo DD15 so perhaps more benefit to me than some others
                As far as I know, there isn't anything that says they couldn't add it later. If the SSP-600 had THX2Ultra, I don't see why they couldn't add it here.

Like I said, I know they are interested in adding Dolby Volume at a later time.

Comment

• alebonau
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
                  As far as I know, there isn't anything that says they couldn't add it later. If the SSP-600 had THX2Ultra, I don't see why they couldn't add it here.

Like I said, I know they are interested in adding Dolby Volume at a later time.
                  good hear, I'm sure those interested in the specific unit and functionality will be happy to hear that
                  "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• wettou
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                    As far as I know, there isn't anything that says they couldn't add it later. If the SSP-600 had THX2Ultra, I don't see why they couldn't add it here. Like I said, I know they are interested in adding Dolby Volume at a later time.
                    Why not do it know! it is available the issue is they don't want to pay for licensing fees so they would rather leave it out.

I understand that the SSP-800 will perform beyond THX in terms of specs, but it still would be nice to have the post processing for movies such as THX Loudness Plus™, THX Re-EQ, THX TIMBRE MATCHING™ and THX-EX

Comment

• RebelMan
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by nyny
                      No Dolby Headphone? It's a feature that would be nice to have for those late night movie watching or video gaming.
                      Dolby Volume could address this to some extent.
                      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RebelMan
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by wettou
                        Why not do it know! it is available the issue is they don't want to pay for licensing fees so they would rather leave it out.

I understand that the SSP-800 will perform beyond THX in terms of specs, but it still would be nice to have the post processing for movies such as THX Loudness Plus™, THX Re-EQ, THX TIMBRE MATCHING™ and THX-EX
                        Perhaps, but the inclusion of DPLIIx mitigates the loss. Too much over processing can do more harm than good.
                        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
                          Dolby Volume could address this to some extent.
                          Will it have Dolby Volume! that would be good

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"