X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Storm
    • Dec 2006

Cary and B&W?

Hi Folks,

First Post but I have lurked for a while. Didn't want to post questions until I was ready to finally purchase.

I have decided on 804S/HTM3S/805S for my stereo/ht set-up after a good bit of auditioning of some different brands. The center was critical in my decision and I think is sometimes lost in the auditioning process (I know this first hand)!

Anyway, the dealer carries Rotel, Mcintosh and Classe. I would kill for a Mcintosh set-up but this is not in the cards right now. Rotel did not quite do it for me but appears to be of high quality.

Having decided on the speakers I have looked around at some other shops and for what I was willing to spend I really just loved the Cary Audio Cinema 5 Amp (5 x 200) and Cary Audio Cinema 11 Pre.

Has anyone heard B&W with Cary Audio? After the HT is done and later next year I would like to add a stereo pre/pro with HT pass through and a dedicated CD player. I am drawn to Cary sonically.

Any words of wisdom from others is appreciated.

My only hesitation is going up one notch to 803S but I have read the threads here in the 804 verses 803S. There was not an 803S for me to audition but there is another Dealer 50 or so miles away and I will perhaps see if they have the 803S on the floor.

Sub will most likely be Rel.

Thanks to all and Happy Holidays.

-Tony
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I've seen cinema 5's going on audiogon for $2500. might be some savings for you to move up to those 803S's.

I can't comment on them, but I have a friend who likes the Cary stuff.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"