X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johan
    • Dec 2004

N802 Krell Mac combination?

HI,

I have N802 powered by Krell Fpb300cx and pre is Proceed AVP2. I am very happy with it but I've had it for some time and it would be fun to try something else. I'm thinking about replacing AVP2 with Mac c45.

What do you think about the combination of Mac pre and Krell power? Anyone with experience?
  • johan
    • Dec 2004

Anyone??

Comment

• Guy
      • Jan 2006

I can't directly answer your question but I can tell you that I tried the Krell KAV280P pre with a Musical Fidelity A5 power on my 802Ds and absolutley love the combo. My point is don't be scared to mix brands since the results can be very rewarding. Hopefully someone else can give you further advice or alternatively you may decide to try your proposed combo and see if it works assuming you can return the product if is not suitable.

Comment

• kurtholz
        • Feb 2005

I use the same monoblocks with my 802D's, have listened to the Mac at the dealers, i don't think there is a right or wrong choice, both are awesome

good luck

Kurt

Comment

• georgev
          • Jul 2004

Why do you want to change the AVP2?

Comment

• johan
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by georgev
            Why do you want to change the AVP2?
            I've had it for some time now and it's not getting more modern priecisly. I am very happy with it thou, great handling and great sound. But from what I've read about Mac it seems to have a sound I would like and that would match both the amp and the speakers that both are very neutral. The Mac would maybe add some warmth and romance to the sound.
            Also, I think it seems like a good idea to use a 5.1 pure analog preamp and leave all digital bla bla to a multiplayer that will be easier to replace when there are new formats etc. And you know you have top class analog preamp wich if it would have been built into a processor would have cost a fortune.

Thanks!

Johan

Comment

• jlr_1304
              • Aug 2005

I Had a c-42 and still have MC7300 monoblocs with my N802.

The C-42 is the one that produced the more slam and with a great soundstage. very 3D. I,m a bit disapointed that i sold it, but it was too much a PITA to disconnect cables for Ht/Stereo use.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"